advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ringing the Tesco Credit Card hotline following an interest charge of thirteen pounds after the bulk of my monthly payment (a massive £315) was nearly a whole day late (minimum payment is made automatically.) My fault, I don’t deny it, but I’m going for a refund. Come on Marchbanks, you can do this... don’t get stroppy... be polite... use your friendly tone of voice (I know it’s a struggle, but try)... point out to the gentleman that your payments are always prompt (when you remember to make them)... stay calm... DON’T threaten to cut up your card... and... success! What a nice chap. Now, £13, what to spend it on? A bottle of wine, a waistcoat, a CD..?

Later: The answer to the question turned out to be ‘a waistcoat.’

Last edited:
Depressed. Taking a rare day off work. Fatigued; sore of body, sore of mind. Waves of anguish. Confidence is shot. Bothered by a friend's cryptic communications that don't encourage me at all. Need to be alone. F::ck off with this shit! :(

It's an antipodean spring thing that's got me nearly every year since 1988, when I was 19. Untreated, it can last until late summer. Waiting for the increased dose of my med to kick in.

Depressed. Taking a rare day off work. Fatigued; sore of body, sore of mind. Waves of anguish. Confidence is shot. Bothered by a friend's cryptic communications that don't encourage me at all. Need to be alone. F::ck off with this shit! :(

It's an antipodean spring thing that's got me nearly every year since 1988, when I was 19. Untreated, it can last until late summer. Waiting for the increased dose of my med to kick in.

I used to suffer from that. Hope you don't feel like that for too long.

Went for another long-ish walk in the Mendips. Saw a lucky black cat, a friendly labrador, some white goats on the edge of the cliffs, and the Rock of Ages that was cleft for me.

Thanks. It's a bit shit, eh. Was yours during spring and summer, too? I don't know anyone else with this issue.

Not quite the same as yours, it was mostly in the Summer. There is a lot of talk about SAD as a Winter thing but it isn't exclusively linked to that season:

https://www.healthline.com/health/summer-SAD-is-all-too-real

How have you overcome it?

I was lucky insofar as it just went away in my mid-20s but has revisited since albeit not seasonally. If you're getting help, stick with it. :)

this morning - writing to unsuccessful interview candidates and getting ready to readvertise a post. This afternoon - appraisal season begins for the people i line manage.

That's a bit shit.
I was diagnosed with clinical depression about 16 years ago, after a couple of years of taking pills it kind of went away, in general I do notice that in the dark and gloomy weather I don't feel as good as in the sunny days but I've noticed in the past couple of years that somedays I wake up and and feel like the depression is waiting on the horizon like some ominous storm is brewing, it would happen more frequently in the winter but sometimes in the summer too, I've also noticed that when a friend is feeling less than chipper it would bring me down quite quickly, so I tend to try and avoid any kind of negativity and try to focus on things that make me feel happier, I'm sorry if that's little or no help but maybe try and talk to someone or find something to take your mind off in a different direction.

checking flat roofs and organising the painting of same
having a boiler serviced and renovation a very big wooden window . thank goodness the rain is holding off

The Wife is ill - sore throat, head cold etc. She doesn’t do ‘being ill,’ very well. (in her opinion)

I am trying to stay out of the way, and be on call to supply honey & lemon hot drinks.
Because The Wife was ill in the night, I got sod all sleep, and had some crazy dreams.
I did nudge The Wife when the snoring got unbearable, she doesn’t snore normally, thank goodness.
(I once had a gorgeous girlfriend who snored like a pig. I recorded her snoring once and played it back to her. That didn’t go down well. She was poison, and glad I got rid - eventually.)

Apparently we are going to see Chicago (the musical) next week ! I forgot as usual.

https://trch.co.uk/whats-on/chicago-2021/

I really like the film soundtrack. Not seen a stage musical for a while, looking forward to it.

Just sneezed a few times. Bum. I don’t want a cold.

I don’t want a cold.

there is an awful one going round - ive had it for a week, raging sore throat, thick mucus in sinuses..a bit like Roses lime marmalade ..lots of coughing.

got out another hat for my working day.

20211012-145409.jpg

work - meeting with the finance team :D. Meeting with the boss, resolving some ethics matters. Chairing a board of examiners for over 800 students (not good for my throat). And being head hunted!

met with a disabled disability advisor to look at many aspects of community project i am working on . helping to referee between me and my fellow planners as some issues to resolve

cleaning windows and other mundane stuff too

Spent some quality time with my beautiful youngest son.

He is just about to go on (yet another) wild camping trip to Scotland.
Got him to download What3Words to his device, but as he pointed out, there is often no signal in the middle of nowhere.

We had a few beers and played old Playstation games from his youth. Treated him to a chippy tea from the local Chippy. Apparently, on the Isle O Wight, the chip shops are rubbish. And don’t even think about asking for a chip cob…
The Boy showed off his new (second-hand) tweed jacket, looked fabulous on him. At 30 yrs. old, he still has a 30” waist, not sure if he will ever ‘fill out.’
Not like his elder brother who is a bit chubby. Youngest Boy is a bit taller than eldest Boy (both 6’+) - makes me laugh as their Mother hardly scrapes past 5’

Watched an absorbing film noir yesterday with Alan Ladd. I just love all those high-waisted trousers, and the myriad hat selections. Sharp dialogue as well.

I have a stinky Cold, making the classic thick green mucous.
Sort of Cold you can taste.
I have been using the Huffing technique taught to me by an Oncology Physiotherapist many years ago to aid expectoration. Excellent, it works very well.
I often think that some bad chest infections could be less troublesome if folks (women in particular) knew how to hack up phlegm out of their airways.
“Cough it up, might be a gold watch…” no idea where that phrase comes from, but makes me laugh. (sounds better in local dialect)

‘Feed a Cold, Starve a Fever’
Those wise words are pointing me towards a boisterous bacon based breakfast.

Maybe one piece of fried bread?

Living The Dream

:)

The Boy showed off his new (second-hand) tweed jacket, looked fabulous on him. At 30 yrs. old, he still has a 30” waist, not sure if he will ever ‘fill out.’
I like the cut of his jib. A decent waistcoat underneath will appear to add a bit of bulk, if he feels it necessary. 30” must be good for picking up secondhand clobber bargains - I’ve come down to 32” and have noticed there is less demand in that size than the more usual 34”-38”, so it tends to be cheaper.

I like the cut of his jib. A decent waistcoat underneath will appear to add a bit of bulk, if he feels it necessary. 30” must be good for picking up secondhand clobber bargains - I’ve come down to 32” and have noticed there is less demand in that size than the more usual 34”-38”, so it tends to be cheaper.

Yes - he picks up Sale bargains due to being a skinny minny.

He must have a tapeworm on board, he eats like food is going out of fashion, but has no bum to speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back