advertisement

The runners' thread... (part II)

Not what you need at all!

To counter the cold though, the website does say the course is flat and fast...;)

Good luck!

Good luck and take it easy. Doctors generally say if the symptoms are all above the neck you’re ok to exercise but if any are below the neck (chest) take a rest.

I'm just home from a sleepover and was about to wish you all the best for the race when I see you beat me with news of your result. And finished with negative split? Well that's an empire biscuit with a cherry on top! Bravo Richard, bravo :D

Oh, and I also see this thread is now 100 pages long and what a way to mark such a milestone. Well done to us all for making it happen with no Brexit this or that in sight :)

Didn’t feel like a negative one I felt I was slowing! I also slowed down for a minute or two to encourage someone else who was struggling. Low nines could have happened

I think it was suggested on another thread that Lemsip is a mix of cocaine, heroine and sherbet lemons - glad it worked for you and congratulations on the negative split (which of course means you didn't try hard enough in the first 5k).

Ian, IMHO If you can get 8 miles in...you can do 13. Just don't overdo it in the 19 days left and injure yourself... plenty of rest, short runs, relaxation, stretching, beer...;)
Good advice. I tried some 800m reps on Saturday but after the second one felt my right thigh again so aborted the session - good move I think. Yesterday's 8.5 miles was my best run yet since I started back on 12 September - this time I felt stronger and actually began to enjoy running again! Pace was just under 5min / km.

There's less than 2 weeks to go now to the Half (Oxford, 7 Oct). I should be able to get in one more long run a bit of speed work and a couple of recovery / taper runs before then.

Hi team

Another 3k on the dreadmill earlier . This time a little quicker. Will give foot a rest tommorow. Lovely to be running . Even on the DM it was so free compared to the rower and the climber. Rowing is a PITA from the first moment to the last and the climber is not much better. Will venture outside for a run soon

Thanks for all the support over the last 4 months

J

had a funny turn and entered the Boston Marathon

Just received the mail and it's a "Nooo...you're toooo slow! You're toooo slow!"

56secs outside this year's qualifying time... Dammit, people are just running faster and faster these days.

Probably a good thing in reality...would have made for a very expensive run..!

I can't believe they said your time was too slow - do they now know about your trailblazing training regime? Well fools they are!

Wow, that’s a pity. Can I ask how old you are and what the qualifying time was set at? I’ve no chance - I’m too slow (by far) for my age category. First race since straining my adductor on Sunday - a 10K in the little town I grew up in. I won’t be quick, due to still recovering from my injury and general slowness anyway, but I should still be able to plod around and collect my bling...

Anyone else doing anything interesting this coming weekend?

Anyone else doing anything interesting this coming weekend?
Had a really nice run yesterday -- it was a beautiful warm autumn day (France) and I went a did a few laps of the local running track: 6* 800m with 200m jog recovery. All good - my sore thigh seems mended.
This weekend - another longish run, now 3 weeks into my stupidly compressed half marathon schedule. The race is a week on Sunday... It won't be pretty but I'm a bit more confident now that I should be able to get round.

Bad luck about Boston, robs - I read this morning they are steadily tightening the qualifying times as they have so many applicants. What's your status for London? Ballot?

advertisement

Back