advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

Sounds like Hunt wasn’t a unanimous choice by any stretch (Peston via Twitter). As someone else said: only three more chancellors before Christmas!

PS Beth Rigby too (Twitter). The important thing here is the Tories are clearly still fighting like rats in a sack. This is good. Anything that damages them helps the country long-term.

^ Was it really Downing St (officially) or is it someone in government who wants rid of Truss and Hunt?, never underestimate the Tory who will claw his way to what he considers is his by right.

Some quick Googling finds that the UK is at 11.9%
Meanwhile the US system is at 19.7% - private efficiency at draining everyone dry and the worst life expectancy of a developed country
My sources were obviously wrong or i misheard. I don’t think there’s a massive difference with us & France/Germany either. Do we have the best outcomes? Probably not.

Just because America have a terrible system this should not blind us to how we can be better.

Tory MP Robert Halfon was just on Sophie Ridge’s show describing Truss/Kwateng as “libertarian Jihadists”. Clearly not happy despite being deluded enough to describe Johnson as “compassionate Conservatism”.

My sources were obviously wrong or i misheard. I don’t think there’s a massive difference with us & France/Germany either. Do we have the best outcomes? Probably not.
Perhaps your sources were repeating some deliberate disinformation. It does feel like one of those Trumpian things: ‘people are saying [the NHS could cost44%]…’

Here’s a bloke, Dr Nafeez Ahmed, who has spent two decades in the academic research of societal collapse, predicting this is exactly where Truss has led the UK (Twitter, Byline Times). Strap-in, the wheels have come right off the Tory gravy train. They really have trashed the place.

PS Here’s President Biden calling Truss’s economic incompetence and wrong-headed billionaire’s tax cuts out (Twitter).

Here’s a bloke, Dr Nafeez Ahmed, who has spent two decades in the academic research of societal collapse, predicting this is exactly where Truss has led the UK (Twitter, Byline Times). Strap-in, the wheels have come right off the Tory gravy train. They really have trashed the place.

PS Here’s President Biden calling Truss’s economic incompetence and wrong-headed billionaire’s tax cuts out (Twitter).
The Ahmed piece is chilling. They’ve only taken out one of the arsonists- the other one is still walking around at night in Downing St. even if social services have moved Uncle Jeremy in to keep her away from matches.

To use one of their own favourite metaphors- they had 12 years to fix the roof and instead were flogging the lead out the back door.

après Liz:

CYxVkze.jpg

I feel like some direct action and protest is needed. I’ve contemplated, in all seriousness, something small but meaningful like egging the local constituency office, and Con club doors. A pathetic gesture really, I know, but if repeated nationally it might send a message about how much Tories are despised.

I feel like some direct action and protest is needed. I’ve contemplated, in all seriousness, something small but meaningful like egging the local constituency office, and Con club doors. A pathetic gesture really, I know, but if repeated nationally it might send a message about how much Tories are despised.
Do it while you can still afford eggs.

Sour milk with curdled gunk would be a better choice than eggs...

Take away form LK this morning; Tory Party circling to get rid of Truss. Banker’s bonus cap removed, markets nice and clam, cuts to public service’s reinstated, austerity back on the cards, nice man in suit in charge, anti union agenda being ramped up.

Tory popularity assured

She’s obviously toast and has been replaced by another sh!T but that only buys them a week at the most so it appears to get rid of her they need to change the rules which means that 178 of the rats have to submit letters of no confidence in her then they have a vote of no confidence and they need at least half of the ‘rats’ to vote against her then they install a puppet (another one) pm, likely Sunak, who calls a GE.

Interesting times, definitely feels like the end of days for the bastards, here’s hoping.

Take away form LK this morning; Tory Party circling to get rid of Truss. Banker’s bonus cap removed, markets nice and clam, cuts to public service’s reinstated, austerity back on the cards, nice man in suit in charge, anti union agenda being ramped up.

Tory popularity assured

I’ve seen suggestions floating around Twitter that they’ll likely replace Truss with either Mordant or Wallace and do so without any membership vote. The letters are likely in already. I don’t see how that will save them though. This damage has been done. Countless £billions wiped off the UK’s books etc. This will mean vast borrowing that they will simply offset to those beneath. They are now stuck with two years of manifesto-breaching austerity and class-warrior cruelty as their economic thinking allows for nothing else.

Looking for the few positives this will do for the ‘red wall’ exactly what Thatcher did for Liverpool in the ‘80s. They will never turn Tory again in my lifetime. They are now Tory-free just as surely as Scotland.

PS We just need to watch very carefully for Republican-style voter suppression and gerrymandering as it is clear the Tories want to make voting far harder for younger, minority and disadvantaged groups (Elections Bill etc).

I doubt that Sunak’s crazy enough to call an election one day sooner than he has to. There’s two more years of this shite still to come.

Our health secretary dishes out her own antibiotics to various people. I wonder why she had so many that she was able to do this? Future generations will wonder how such amateurs were let loose to make such crucial decisions...

FfGsuVRXoAIZ9zd

FfLUE3xXwAERLtd

I doubt that Sunak’s crazy enough to call an election one day sooner than he has to. There’s two more years of this shite still to come.

I don’t think they can just carry on, we’ve effectively had a coup d'etat not once but twice, after another one they can’t just ignore the populace.

There’s two more years of this shite still to come.

I think that's the reality of it Joe.

Hunt on TV this morning saying "nothing is off the table" when it comes to spending cuts. I think a lot of people in the party are taking the financial chaos of the past few weeks as a mandate to cut public services to the bone. Next two years won't be fun.

Our health secretary dishes out her own antibiotics to various people. I wonder why she had so many that she was able to do this? Future generations will wonder how such amateurs were let loose to make such crucial decisions...

Looks like Good Law Project will take action if she attempts to legislate any of this crazy anti-science (Twitter).

advertisement

Back