advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

I have a built and then de-built excavator, in numbered bags and in its box (loads of photos)! It's taking up A LOT of room in case anyone wants it. 😇
My SiL and his dad built it couple of Xmases ago. it’s one I‘ve always fancied, but the display space (aka the bay window in the dining room) is full of a very large boat, er, ship. Concorde is still not up on the wall!!

And on the subject of that very large ship, our young Burmese kitty (Blue Jasmine) has taken to chomping the Union Jack staff, it’s now in several pieces….several spares have been ordered from Bricklink.

I've got a few on the way...

#71374 Nintendo System (had it on my wishlist for goodness knows how long - it's never been discounted and I get the feeling it'll be retired soon)
#42159 Technic Yamaha MT-10 SP (£50 off RRP and it's been lurking on my wishlist since launch)
#10330 McLaren MP4/4 & Ayrton Senna (although the rear wheels aren't wide enough!)
#76920 Ford Mustang Dark Horse Sports Car
#76922 BMW M4 GT3 & BMW M Hybrid V8 Race Cars

I think that's quite enough Lego spend for today... 😊

For those looking music-related Lego deals, the Jazz Band is 20% off at Argos at the moment: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3289677

Red Frame White Light, as they say in Meols:

PS I object to ‘London’ in the title! IIRC it is only Hull that didn’t have them.
According to the blurb in the booklet. This is a K2 phonebox which was mainly installed within London City limits. It was the cheaper K3 box which was installed nationally as it was much cheaper to make.

According to the blurb in the booklet. This is a K2 phonebox which was mainly installed within London City limits. It was the cheaper K3 box which was installed nationally as it was much cheaper to make.

That’s interesting, though according to this site (www.the-telephone-box.co.uk) the K3 are very rare indeed.

OMD’s phone box in Meols looks to be a K6. I think most one sees are:

14968058327_cf5699b399_c.jpg

I’d be surprised if the Lego model was sufficiently accurate to be clear between a K2 and K6, even if it is obviously not a K3.

To be honest I’m not sure what I make of this Lego model. I have a feeling it will be pretty minority interest so I suspect I’ll pass. I’m really slowing buying now as I’ve got so much stored and haven’t sold anything on yet. I still fancy the NASA Mars Rover and Senna’s McLaren (even though the back wheels are so obviously wrong!). I think they’ll do ok in time, but I’ll wait until the right deal to buy.

Wow, obvious once you know - but there were several variants:

Oh, obviously I was browsing and reading while Tony posted.

[nerd mode]
If you look at the K2 and K6 on my link to the same website you can see that the window profiles are clearly different, and the Lego box clearly a K2.
[/nerd mode]

[nerd mode]
If you look at the K2 and K6 on my link to the same website you can see that the window profiles are clearly different, and the Lego box clearly a K2.
[/nerd mode]

Yes, I think that’s what I’m uncomfortable with here; I guess my mental image of a red phone box is very firmly a K6, so the windows just look wrong to me.

Yes, I think that’s what I’m uncomfortable with here; I guess my mental image of a red phone box is very firmly a K6, so the windows just look wrong to me.
I was brought up in and around London from the age of about 2 to 22, so I guess they look just fine to me.

apparently the materials used in the later versions were inferior so they tended to rot quicker, hence they are more rare. Probably not helped by doubling up as a toilet on a Friday and Saturday night.

advertisement

Back