advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

Really cool phone box restorations, but I’m triggered by their using a type 22 dial on a 232 here! Should be a type 10 or a 12!

53559411118_63e85ba02d_b.jpg

Here’s one of mine with its correct type 10 dial!

PS I am the person who notices this stuff on TV dramas etc!
Very much like me, who spotted a Queen Elizabeth, K6 phone box during a Second World drama series

I bought three Yellow Submarines a few years back. Cost about 30 odd quid each for two and the third a bit more.
I gave one away and intended to assemble one and keep another, but both are still unopened. They seem to be fetching well north of £ 300 now...
Which is nice..

I bought three Yellow Submarines a few years back. Cost about 30 odd quid each for two and the third a bit more.
I gave one away and intended to assemble one and keep another, but both are still unopened. They seem to be fetching well north of £ 300 now...
Which is nice..

I think you are over-estimating by a factor of about two. They have done well, but current value sealed is around £150. I’ve got two; one built and sitting on top of one of my Lockwood monitors (which could possibly have been used during the recording of George Martin’s instrumental bits as some orchestral stuff was done at CTS!), the other is sealed. FWIW I think it is a superb Lego model, the designer really captured the form and it displays really well.

I’ll drop this petition asking Lego to rethink their relationship with JK Rowling. I very consciously have none of her licensed products in my collection, but recent events had got to the point I was about to write to Lego to express my discomfort with the association. I googled around and found there was already a well-worded active petition, so I’ll post it here:

The Game store in Clydebank is having a closing down sale and all the Lego boxes that were already on sale are now reduced to half price - that's half of the sale price, not half of the standard RRP. I wanted to buy lots, mostly because there were bargains to be had, but in the end I just bought the Indiana Jones Plane Chase (77012), which was reduced to £12. They had lots of plant and flower sets and some Harry Potter and superhero sets. I would have bought the Disney Tribute Camera but I've already got it. The Dune Atredies Ornithopter was £60. I don't have anywhere to put it so I just left it.

If any of you guys are near Clydebank all I can say is go go go!

I went back to that Game store in Clydebank earlier but all the good sets were gone - no surprise - all except for one Modern Art set, which I got for £18. The Ornithopters were gone. The Lego Polaroid was gone, as were a bunch of other sets from various franchises - including from 'that' magical franchise!

There were two Yamaha MT-10 SP sets going for £80 each but I just didn't fancy the set so I didn't bother. There were also some Lego Friends sets (not the TV show) and Minecraft sets but the Modern Art set was the last good one, imo, so I'm happy with that.

Apparently, they've got other sets in the back but they're just keeping them there as they're not on sale yet - no point in confusing the customer, I suppose.

Lego has proven a remarkably good investment if the BrickEconomy current valuations represent what I could actually get. I’ve invested £3439 in sealed sets and the current value is £6132. There are a fair number yet to mature too (all the currently available stuff). My collection should be visible here (BrickEconomy).

On the first page the OP lists the prices of sets he has bought. He paid £69 for the Caterham and now they sell for £135-150... so it was a good investment as per the post title.

anybody who "invests" and tries to profit from child's toy is a rampant Tory capitalist.....just build it and use it

On the first page the OP lists the prices of sets he has bought. He paid £69 for the Caterham and now they sell for £135-150... so it was a good investment as per the post title.

Ah, I thought you might have been hinting at a current deal, I just couldn't tell.

advertisement

Back