advertisement

The pfm Lego Investment Challenge

I only just saw this thread, it's excellent but to put you all in the shade I thought I'd tell you about my brother in law who invests in Lego instead of his pension. Basically he buys as much as possible of almost every new set that comes out at as many places as possible, he even gets his employees to do it when there is something he really wants to stockpile. As you know by now, all lego sets have a shelf life. Some of the Lego he sells when the shelf life has finished for double what he paid. Now this is the crazy thing, brickset or the other sites may not actually value those sets at double the price, but he steadfastly keeps them at that price anyway then monitors eBay for any others that come up, if they do he buys them immediately. In that way he controls the the international price of second hand Lego, the prices on Brikset etc all eventually change accordingly. He's got well over £1.5m (retail) of lego which Brikset reckons is worth £3.5mish

Some other stuff that is more sought after he keeps for a longer game.

Worth noting that although this seems like overtly capitalist, if he decided to liquidate his stock tomorrow, your own investments may well become worthless as used Lego only seems to appreciate so much because of his actions.

I can still never quite get my head round this.

I love it when a post makes me feel relatively normal.

Yay! Tron! Not bought anything for ages now, but I’ve just topped up with one of these and the Women of NASA set. I had some VIP points to use and I think the Tron set may be Lego stores and Lego.com only anyway.

Lego Chiron now only £8.56 here @ Amazon for all you lovers of lego and speed.

Fwiw, I bought for my mate's kid at Christmas and when I saw it after it was built, I was well impressed. Lego has done a good job here and I guess the only other thing that's left to say is, expect to play with it once it's good to go - vroom vroom :)

61pnrVrs5BL._AC_US200_.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I've got all but the first four (2015) Speed Champion individual cars in sealed boxes. I wish I bought two each, so I could build one and keep the other. They are cheap enough even at full retail price of NZD25 each.

advertisement

Back