advertisement

The Olympics 2020/1 Japan.

I have not seen a female runner built this way, ever.

51355343356_01c68c9465_c.jpg

"I have not seen a female runner built this way, ever."

That's exactly my point.
If that was taken today, would you say that this Isn't a case of DSD? I'm not saying she wasn't doping, I'm suggesting possibly both. Possibly. We don't know. It would explain the particular difficulty with respect to the WR.

Just like Flo Jo.
She put it down to a crazy winter in the gym. Same Flo Jo from 1884 to 1987, and then bam!
Who knows.

Flo Jo died very young & the autopsy found nothing untoward, apparently. Tragic end.

Very tragic indeed. Physically she changed a great deal and also improved her 100m time by half a second in a season and her 200m time by 0,62 in the same season. The scale of that improvement, and her world ranking development, will always raise questions. On the other hand, Usain Bolt was breaking junior records from the age of 15 - he was always destined for greatness.

Flo Jo died very young & the autopsy found nothing untoward, apparently. Tragic end.
Like a few cyclists of that period.
Her post-mortem showed signs of excessive growth of organs, including her heart, which contributed to her death and may have been a direct result of drug use.

Human growth hormone can cause acromegalia in adults. This is a condition where many of the body organs enlarge
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2004/jul/28/athensolympics2004.olympicgames

there were strong accusations by Darrell Robinson, her training partner of the use of growth hormone and testosterone by both her and Carl Lewis, all this did was bring his career to an abrupt end

Once upon a time, I had an early morning appointment at the physio. I waited on the seating at the the top of the stairs. The door opened downstairs and the first patient before me came out. It was Wells. He was absolutely enormous. He came up the stairs towards me and totally filled the stairwell.

advertisement

Back