advertisement

The Olympics 2020/1 Japan.

No, that’s why it took on such political meaning - when the West was challenged. (We all know that West and East are by-words for “us” and “them”).

As for intimating I have disdain for the Paralympics, you’re entirely off the mark. Indeed, given its importance, in my view it should be fully integrated within the Olympic timetable and not made to feel forever second best.

I shouldn’t be surprised that pfm appears to ignore how women are subjugated by men. It does seem bizarre to me on a so-called left-leaning group.
Some of the women who are commentators on the Olympic Games are putting other women down with their choice of language/terminology, certainly an uphill battle.
Can you please provide us with a few choice examples?

No, that’s why it took on such political meaning - when the West was challenged. (We all know that West and East are by-words for “us” and “them”).

As for intimating I have disdain for the Paralympics, you’re entirely off the mark. Indeed, given its importance, in my view it should be fully integrated within the Olympic timetable and not made to feel forever second best.

You are doing all the intimating yourself. Read my post again, all the information is there.

As for “We all know that West and East are by-words for “us” and “them”” - o_O we obviously don’t think the same way.

As for “We all know that West and East are by-words for “us” and “them”” - o_O we obviously don’t think the same way.

I have no intention of furthering this argument as it seems to be pointless and distracting from the topic at hand.

(However, on your point about East and West as a separate topic and one where we have a definitional difference, it’s worth noting that it is a fascinating area of study.

For anyone interested in how the terms are often used in different ways, this Wiki entry is a useful jumping off point:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East–West_dichotomy

The general principle remains that, for these purposes, the common theme is one of “other” rather than strict geography.)

Some of the US stars missed the Olympics because they missed some tests recently. Doping is way to common and many get away with it.

Definitely a talent. Athing Mu is something else though and Keeley will have to go some to get past her; it may require different events.
They are both quite young. I get the feeling from watching Hodgkinson interviews that she's in it for the long haul. Both have natural talent so time will tell. Certainly be interesting. Keeley needs to stick to the 800m for now because she clearly excels here.

advertisement

Back