advertisement

The Olympics 2020/1 Japan.

Just on now was the BMX highlights, which was fab and tremendously exciting, and then the yachting, which looks to be absolute pants and tremdously dull.

I don't care about gymnastics, swimming/diving, or track & field for three years out of four, so why am I suddenly expected to care about them every leap year?

I don't care about gymnastics, swimming/diving, or track & field for three years out of four, so why am I suddenly expected to care about them every leap year?

You may not, but others may. I don’t understand why it should be a problem. I mean, there’s a place in the world where they have a two nation World Series that a team from one country always wins. I don’t feel the urge to point out how ridiculous that is.

And another thing... Tennis. I mean it's an over-long, dreary, awful sport 95% of the time. Do we really need more of it? :confused:

Get rid. Doesn't belong in the Olympics.

Or else make the tennis pros play whilst riding BMX bikes. Amateurs will be allowed to play against them normally (i.e. on feet).

Clearly stood in completely the wrong place for the handover! And in both heats! I guess there are some VERY inexperienced 4x400 runners in the Mixed but the officials really should have sorted that out in good time. Wouldn't happen at Longford Park!
U.S. team reinstated on appeal.

replace trad 11 aside football with 5 aside, and addin freestyle football.

Tennis shouldn't be an Olympic sport - swing ball maybe

jousting should be in the equestrian.

paint balling, bingo and knitting

We saw the BMX Freestyle Park Women’s and Men’s seedings.
Charlotte Worthington and Declan Brooks looks good riders.
Love seeing a front loop thing, beautiful trick. Like to see a Flare as well, looks bonkers.

Looking forward to the BMX Park. Hope my old mate Jamie Bestwick turns up to comment, he is as gnarly as it gets.
I did get to see and interview Mat ‘The Condor’ Hoffman in the 1990’s and was there when he landed an inverted 540 on the halfpipe for the first time (Mansfield, U.K.) - still prefer Jamie Bestwick, liked his style better. They both went very high.

We saw the Men’s Trampoline finals -
:)
Silver went to the Chinese bloke - Dong Dong…

;)
You couldn’t make it up.

The Belarus chap who won Gold, (Ivan?) we thought he was going to break some bones, travelling on the landing. They bounce to about 8 metres high !

Does anyone else measure out the Olympic achievements? e.g. We know that the High-Jumpers are clearing the height of the Picture Rail in our TV room.
We know that our kitchen is 6 metres long, which is useful when watching the Long-Jump.
(they are clearing 8.5 metres easy)

Nice having a scale to refer to.

- that Mixed 4 x 100 m. Medley Relay swimming… what an amazing race. We shouted “Go on!” at the TV even though we had heard the results. :):):)

We are getting annoyed with the commentators on the BBC constantly referencing to female competitors who have children, “Mother of 2 children,” but never mentioning how many children the male competitors have. Sexist in our opinion.
Being a Mother (or Father) should not be mentioned as if it is a handicap.

We are getting annoyed with the commentators on the BBC constantly referencing female competitors who have children, “Mother of 2 children,” but never mentioning how many children the male competitors have. Sexist in our opinion.
Being a Mother (or Father) should not be mentioned as if it is a handicap.

It's a wonderful thing but, of course, it has a substantial effect on women's bodies, their training, and their ability to recover, greater than it does on fathers. As a father of four, I am comfortable with that.

I had to switch from BBC to Eurosport for today's athletics. Eurosport had already shown Asher-Smith not qualifying whilst the BBC were still showing their Hyping-Up-The-Brits build-up video montage.
I find the BBC too jingoistic. Eurosport were showing the field events whilst the BBC were offering endless pundit conjectury.

It's a wonderful thing but, of course, it has a substantial effect on women's bodies, their training, and their ability to recover, greater than it does on fathers.

If you are referring to a woman who has had recently had a C-Section birth, then I would suggest that they wouldn’t be in the Olympics.
If you are suggesting that a woman has much more on their plate because they have some children (assuming they are not a single-parent) then I would say that that is an inherently old fashioned viewpoint. I speak from the perspective of a single parent who raised 3 kids.

May I ask you in what way do you come to your position on the subject?

Also, there is the matter of choosing to have, or not have children.
I am confident that the women competing would not like any advantage (or disadvantage) to be perceived because of their ‘Life Choices.’
?

I had to switch from BBC to Eurosport for today's athletics. Eurosport had already shown Asher-Smith not qualifying whilst the BBC were still showing their Hyping-Up-The-Brits build-up video montage.
I find the BBC too jingoistic. Eurosport were showing the field events whilst the BBC were offering endless pundit conjectury.

We haven’t got Eurosport.

advertisement

Back