advertisement

The Olympics 2020/1 Japan.

^ Just watched the women's race. Really good. The leg endurance is impressive, especially on the hills in laps 4 and 5.

Also enjoying the swimming. Looking forward to the relays.

She wasn’t necessarily a substitute! They’re a team, they all have to do some pieces, they all have to sit out one piece, so in essence the three left all had to replace Biles. She did the vault, so that meant that one had to do the beam and one the floor. The one having to step up to the beam would have been exceedingly grateful!! The one who took the floor spot won a silver at the Worlds. She’d not done so well in qualifying, so has been rested. It’ll be interesting to see whether Biles competes in the all-round and individual pieces.

I think I heard a piece on the radio saying that Biles pulled out for mental health reasons. No indication of whether she will compete at all.
Apologies if substitute is the wrong term, I think they used that on the TV so I used it.

Rich more than posh. £100,000 a year is a guide cost.
If it’s a medal prospect then they will receive lottery funding. I understand ‘our’ bronze medal winner comes from quite a humble background. It does happen, in a similar ‘moneyed’ vein look at Lewis Hamilton.

I think I heard a piece on the radio saying that Biles pulled out for mental health reasons. No indication of whether she will compete at all.
Apologies if substitute is the wrong term, I think they used that on the TV so I used it.

She’s not, very sad. It’s such a shame to see a wonderful career possibly end like that.

I find the synchronised diving a bit contrived, why would you want two people trying to do exactly the same thing, I would suggest they either increase the number of participants (they already seem to have a third board going spare) to make it more interesting or change it to mirror-image diving which would be much more aesthetically pleasing.

Think I'd be dancing up and down like that if someone was on my back digging me in the ribs with bloody great 6 inch nails sticking out of the heels on their boots.

Ridiculous "sport". Can't watch it.

Bit of a shame to see the negativity towards the dressage. Those horses clearly love what they're doing - and yes, they should get the medals! But if you think that these fine specimens are doing anything against their will, then think again. They wouldn't do it if they didn't want to!

advertisement

Back