advertisement

The Julian Assange extradition hearings begin today

Interesting (in my view) that the extradition was blocked on health grounds - which (conveniently?) allows the judge to kind of dodge the issue of whether the extradition proceedings were politically motivated or otherwise legal.

From what I'd read I think the judgement was that the extradition request was legal and justified, and if not for the health issues would have been granted.

Excellent news. It's coming to something when someone is treated this way for whistle blowing on state terrorism and mass murder plus the plans of a gov to spy on its own people. He deserves a knighthood plus compensation for all he's been through.

Turns out a friend of mine was involved in the protests outside the court, and so was shown on C4 news earlier. Which was fun for her.

Wonder if he will lay on an aeroplane?

Nah. He'd be better off sitting in it for the journey to Mexico. Much warmer.

badum-tish.jpg.df37e4fb14e8afafecfccf09eab56219.jpg

Turns out a friend of mine was involved in the protests outside the court, and so was shown on C4 news earlier. Which was fun for her.
Did she socially distance? Because the pics on the news channels showed nothing of the sort, reckless.

Did she socially distance? Because the pics on the news channels showed nothing of the sort, reckless.

No idea, I wasn’t there & it didn’t seem relevant to ask.

I tend to agree with the behavioural science prof who was also on the programme that fixating on specific (small groups of) individuals, while perhaps understandable, isn’t always healthy/helpful, and that doing so probably causes more harm than good. So I try not to do that.

Assange’s extradition was denied, and hopefully a sufficient majority of people will distance in the weeks ahead. That’ll do me for now.

The lawyers have decided that he won't be extradited yet. I'm sure there remains a lot more money for the profession to squeeze out of this particular cash-cow.

Just been denied bail because of his previous behaviour jumping bail.
Staying in custody until the US govt appeal is heard.

Just been denied bail because of his previous behaviour jumping bail.
Staying in custody until the US govt appeal is heard.
That sounds like the correct decision, if he's jumped bail before he shouldn't be granted it again.

He’s pretty much the definition of ‘flight risk’! We shouldn’t forget those who stumped up vast amounts of money for his bail in 2012 and lost it all.

My view remains that Wikileaks was a superb idea, one of the best in the history of the internet, but Assange really is a total arsehole. I’d not trust him in any capacity.

In Assanges position I’d be a basket case by now, it’s psychological torture.
Even if released I suspect he would disappear only to mysteriously pop up in US custody, the yanks are tops for holding a grudge look at Cuba!

advertisement

Back