advertisement

The Hi-Fi Show - Sunday 4th March 2012

I am thinking of doing my own demo of audiolab cdq/mdac into Anthony Matthews Tube Distinctions grounded grid pre into Copper amp with 4 x Sovtek KT120s (50 wpc in class a) and a pair of Tannoy Turnberry SEs.

I am thinking of doing my own demo of audiolab cdq/mdac into Anthony Matthews Tube Distinctions grounded grid pre into Copper amp with 4 x Sovtek KT120s (50 wpc in class a) and a pair of Tannoy Turnberry SEs.

I would like to hear that.
The amps interest me as they look like 'proper' valve amplifiers.
Steven, I thought you used dCS?

Anyway, great event and will definitely attend.

I quite like dCS but I doubt I will ever afford it. In any case, I am happy with the John Westlake-designed Audiolab.

The amps are undergoing major surgery in the next couple of weeks. A rather stiff Sowter mains transformer is on order to arrive in South Wales shortly...

Steven if you fancy i could bring the Young/Mac along to add to your mix, Showcase a little digital variety, or indeed show how little separates what is available. It might also be instructive as I have Bit Perfect, itunes, Audivarna, Decibel and Fidelia on the Mac so people could hear the potential effects of all the software options.

Yes it is - why wouldn't it be? It's quite some time away yet though -have a look on the Wam, there's a massive thread about it.

Looks to be over 60 ppl signed up already. I'm tempted to put my name down to show some of the bits and pieces I have modded/built but by the looks of things they are already over-subscribed.

Name down also. Look forward to meeting other members of this great forum of ours. Hope to have finished my B4 by then. Not sure if the new turntable will be ready though.

I went along last year.

Despite coming down with a cold on the actual day, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Dean (SCIDB) had for me one of the best sounds in show and fab music.

Also nice to touch base with Tony, Samantha and others.

I shall do my best to return in 2012.

One day I'll bring the Papworth kit along...

Mull

Cool. It might be an idea for the PFM'ers with rooms to update this thread whent the allocations are finalised with their room numbers and kit list so we know who is where. I know there is the main spreadsheet but my kit list has changed a bit since I added my details in.

Looks like I now have a free weekend. What to do?

We had some interesting plans for whatever room too.

Paul

advertisement

Back