advertisement

The Hi-Fi Show - Sunday 4th March 2012

HiFiWigWam

pfm Member
Hopefully some of you will already be aware that there will be another Scalford hifi show next year. The web site is being updated as we speak
http://www.thehifishow.com/

Just to let you know, if any of you would like to exhibit next year (and we would really love to get more PFMers along) then you need to get your name down on the Spreadsheet.

The information you need to register an interest is here:
http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthrea...-It-s-the-Scalford-2012-exhibitor-spreadsheet

Hope to see more PFM names on the spreadsheet soon. I will check back here in case anyone has problems accessing the Wam etc.

Regards,
James.

Love this shot under the 'Picture' tab:

4.jpg

I'd love to exhibit again after a last minute decision last year! I managed to swap from a broom cupboard room to a sensible room for my system (syndicate 20) and would request the same room or similar size?.

I also need to find a buddy to help me as I was alone this year and missed lunch and hearing other systems! I am hoping to ask pfmer SteveC(?) from Leeds if he is up for it?

The LP12 has been massively pimped up since the show - Geddon, trampolin, vivid, ittok, ATF7 - sounds WAY better!!!

I would encourage PFMers to attend and exhibit - best hifi show around - just enthusiasts systems! ;-). and all sorts exotic /value / vintage kit for non trade people to exhibit and enjoy!

The daleks even made the press!

http://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/component/content/article/246-wigwam-show-2011.html

I would encourage PFMers to attend and exhibit - best hifi show around - just enthusiasts systems! ;-). and all sorts exotic /value / vintage kit for non trade people to exhibit and enjoy!

Seconded - I'll certainly try and attend as it was great fun last year.

PS thread 'stuck'.

Seconded - I'll certainly try and attend as it was great fun last year.

PS thread 'stuck'.

Good, hopefully get a chance to say hello properly next year, i was somewhat run off my feet when we met breifly last year.

Thanks for the stickie BTW.

What are those speakers - 70's Japan - Sansui?

Big 1970s Leaks, can't remember the model, but late 70s and after Leak's acquisition by Rank, who IIRC bought Wharfedale and possibly Goodmans at a similar time.

Edit: beaten by the buzzer...

And not a power conditioner or fancy cable anywhere to be seen.
Excuse my ignorance, is there alot of this type of gear at the show?
If so, shame I'm across the water.

I had a relation who had a pair of those Leaks, along with a big Yamaha tuner and a Tandberg tape deck.

If anyone wants to exhibit you'll need to get your names down quickly.

The most rooms we can take is about 60. 40 rooms makes for a really good show, most people only get round 20 or 30 in a day and 30 people have signed up already. So get your names down chaps!

If anyone wants to exhibit you'll need to get your names down quickly.

The most rooms we can take is about 60. 40 rooms makes for a really good show, most people only get round 20 or 30 in a day and 30 people have signed up already. So get your names down chaps!

Chaps and ladies surely?

Nice to see my system from last year getting another airing again - it didn't sound too bad, either, even if I do say so myself!

Moving on from that 1970s system, I'm lining up (hopefully) two 1980s systems for next year - one is still to be decided and the other will be top end B&O. If that isn't enough to make you all come along, I don't know what is. ;)

I'd love to exhibit again after a last minute decision last year! I managed to swap from a broom cupboard room to a sensible room for my system (syndicate 20) and would request the same room or similar size?.

I also need to find a buddy to help me as I was alone this year and missed lunch and hearing other systems! I am hoping to ask pfmer SteveC(?) from Leeds if he is up for it?

The LP12 has been massively pimped up since the show - Geddon, trampolin, vivid, ittok, ATF7 - sounds WAY better!!!

The daleks even made the press!

http://www.hi-fiworld.co.uk/component/content/article/246-wigwam-show-2011.html

AAGH.....2075s. Just when I thought they were expunged from my memory.

Utterly 'orrible sounding. A colleague had a pair, driven by a huge f-off pioneer receiver. Shouty, boomy, tizzy. He flogged them in jig time & replaced them with a pair of IMF TLS 50s. Now that was a bloody good speaker....

Chris
Chris

Yep, some one else does that rather well.

We have more things in the works!

Thanks for the nice words.

advertisement

Back