advertisement

The end of Mana Audio

So apart from all this rubbish which I am posting, is there anything to do with Heuer's or Mana's situation worth talking about ?

Or does no one want to make up and admit the thread has become a pisstake for anyone immature enough to want to get angry at comment , or anyone who doesn't like Mana or Mana users.

Remember there is no censorship so you can say what you realy feel.

I personaly think I know no-one in this forum well enough to pass judgement, and that most of these replies are made in haste due to stress and anger.

Steve the Satsuma bawbag (a mana user and enjoyer of rant)

Satsuma boy why not give it a rest eh? If you really wanted this thread to die down then you wouldn't be fanning the flames every 5 minutes.

It's a testament to Tony's impartiality that he's allowed you to relentlessly criticise him and his moderation decisions. In most fora that would get you fairly short shrift.

In the end if a load of people who've never so much as seen a Mana stand want to rip the shit of the product and the company, so what? It's not slander. You have to ask yourself why the company, the products and, to some extent, it's owners attract so much animosity...

Michael.

If you like the mana effect the best news is that with the company gone and the patent expired you can get something functionally equivalent made for about 20% of the mana list price.

Five phases for the price of one.

michaelab said:
Satsuma boy why not give it a rest eh? If you really wanted this thread to die down then you wouldn't be fanning the flames every 5 minutes.

It's a testament to Tony's impartiality that he's allowed you to relentlessly criticise him and his moderation decisions. In most fora that would get you fairly short shrift.

In the end if a load of people who've never so much as seen a Mana stand want to rip the shit of the product and the company, so what? It's not slander. You have to ask yourself why the company, the products and, to some extent, it's owners attract so much animosity...

Michael.

I agree with your view of Tony, quite impartial.

I suppose it is critisism, though I had hoped to put it across different.

As you point out though, a load of people want to rip the shit out of Mana.

I cannot help but notice people get upset when someone like me starts making comment and doesn't stop though, quite impartial.

Are my comments offensive, or just annoying and plain out of place ?
Interesting that no one wants to admit it is an Anti-Mana forum though, there is no comment of the slagging of Mana being given a rest, yet those who are slagging of Mana would like me to stop my ranting.

Yes , quite impartial.
Maybe there is a patern and point to it all, after all you throw a ball against a wall and it usualy bouces back, you know push and shove and all that.

If the Forum was better moderated , and some of the slagging off of Mana kept in check, with members taking time and being a little more patient , would there not be less hot headed posts, and some meaning to the thread title.
Sorry but if you can allow slagging matches against Mana and people having a go at others because someone didnt have any patience, then of course people are going to take the thread as a joke.

Admin is allowing people to do as they wish, is it wrong to question this or make a point ? If they can slag Mana cant I slag anyone ?

I thought it was schoolyard rules ?

Steve

Sastusbulbas,

Consider this thread from Heuer's perspective. He has just lost £1,000, a not inconsiderable sum of money he paid in good faith for what he hoped would be a Mana stand. It never arrived, and it would appear that it never will. The next thing we hear is that JW has filed a winding-up order on his company which, as others have pointed out, is a matter of public record. Then, on his forum, JW can (or could) be found sharing at length about his wine collection and all the other things he planned to do with his life, and the latest is that he has pretty much stuck two fingers up to his creditors, and closed his forum to all but a handful of his favourite members, having removed without comment any post or thread which questions the state of the company.

If I were Heuer, I would consider this lengthy thread, and Tony's administration of it, some consolation for my financial loss, and an acknowledgement by a lot of others out there that what I have suffered is out of order and should not have happened.

I say this irrespective of Mana gear itself, the effect of which I have not personally experienced, or any perceived or actual animosity between forum members here and "over there".

In this context your repeated holier-than-thou whinges at anyone who posts anything you consider remotely "anti-Mana" is, not surprisingly, unlikely to go down particularly well here, wouldn't you agree?

RE: Mana

I've never seen any in the flesh. Never heard the legendary "Effect". I base my dislike of it solely on what I've seen in pictures. From what I've seen, I wouldn't care if it whispered in my ear, mixed me a dry 'tini, and stroked my crotch. I don't like the way it looks. I am anti-Mana on that basis alone. It's enough.

Jonathan Ribee said:
If you like the mana effect the best news is that with the company gone and the patent expired you can get something functionally equivalent made for about 20% of the mana list price.

Five phases for the price of one.
Amen to that.

Otherwise: what JonR said.

Interesting that no one wants to admit it is an Anti-Mana forum though, there is no comment of the slagging of Mana being given a rest, yet those who are slagging of Mana would like me to stop my ranting.

I consider the notion that pfm is “anti-Mana” to be somewhat ludicrous - pfm is (probably) the UK’s largest independent audio forum and therefore has the largest sample group from which to observe market opinion. This is the real world, things are as they are.

Tony.

JonR said:
Sastusbulbas,

Consider this thread from Heuer's perspective. He has just lost £1,000, a not inconsiderable sum of money he paid in good faith for what he hoped would be a Mana stand. It never arrived, and it would appear that it never will. The next thing we hear is that JW has filed a winding-up order on his company which, as others have pointed out, is a matter of public record. Then, on his forum, JW can (or could) be found sharing at length about his wine collection and all the other things he planned to do with his life, and the latest is that he has pretty much stuck two fingers up to his creditors, and closed his forum to all but a handful of his favourite members, having removed without comment any post or thread which questions the state of the company.

If I were Heuer, I would consider this lengthy thread, and Tony's administration of it, some consolation for my financial loss, and an acknowledgement by a lot of others out there that what I have suffered is out of order and should not have happened.

I say this irrespective of Mana gear itself, the effect of which I have not personally experienced, or any perceived or actual animosity between forum members here and "over there".

In this context your repeated holier-than-thou whinges at anyone who posts anything you consider remotely "anti-Mana" is, not surprisingly, unlikely to go down particularly well here, wouldn't you agree?

Thankyou for bringing the thread topic to light, I have no way of saying anything correct on this matter as I only know what I have read in this forum and can only give my opinion of how I would fell in both members shoe's which is quite worthless.

One of my points is there has been no more news or any developement with regard to Heuer or Mana, all the ground that could be covered seems to have been covered, and the thread seemed to have lost its original track.

I can agree with Heuer being pissed off , and can also see the point of silence if legal proceedings are in hand.
I do not know anyone well enough , nor was I there to make fair judgement, I do not know what goes on and it is not my buisness.
At the moment and unconfirmed to me (only what I have read in the forums) One person has lost a rack, the other a buisness, legal proceeding was made with regard to the rack, while John was trying to sort out his own problems.
It looks like both had a disagreement and legal matters were taken, I dont know why what where, but would expect legal matters to run there course once started, and legal requirements to make contact a no win situation.
Is Heuers problem with the Buisness or John ? and as only Heuer has lost money could it not indicate that some may not ?
For a Buisness one customer is not a huge amount and if its in the hands of the lawyers we cannot expect this to quickly sort itself out, I do not know anything of Heuer and Johns contact, as to Heuers posts here, they would have damaged the relationship further I expect, but if I paid for a bike and the shop went bankrupt I dont think I would chase the Manager in person, slag him or make him personaly responsible. I don't know.

One of my own friends had a buisness go under, he ended up living with his mum, with a frozen bank account and no access to money, stock or way of paying some of us , his customers or staff back.
It didnt stop him going out for a drink, or a meal and generaly living, and none of us held it against him.
I am sure if I went bankrupt my partner would offer support, and if I was under that sort of stress do you think I could go out of my way to help somone taking me to court or would I let legal proceedings take their course ?
These sort of things are not as clear as put in this forum, it is only assumtion given on the situation, we do not know what restrictions are applied to this situation.
I do not know if Mana saw what was happening and took Heuers money without intending to deliver, or if Heuer was rude and impatient, and of course it would be nice to see Heuer get this sorted and to know what is going on at Mana. I do not want to take side's, I also feel the slander toward Mana is not justified by those with no reason.

I would think that all the piss taking and argument going on would put the point across on where the thread has been directed, it seems to have lost some direction and interest in its main title.

It is hard to see what interest PFM has with the original thread subject , as all the other posts seem to have made a bit of a joke of the situation, it now seems no more than a place for the Anti-Mana to bask in someone elses misfortune.

I would like to see less piss taking and more info on what is going on, we cannot expect that in such a hostile enviroment, or probably during legal proceedings.

Regards
Steve

Tony L said:
I consider the notion that pfm is “anti-Mana” to be somewhat ludicrous - pfm is (probably) the UK’s largest independent audio forum and therefore has the largest sample group from which to observe market opinion. This is the real world, things are as they are.

Tony.

I can agree, but it can sometime's feel that way, there seems to be no concern over another UK buisness losing its footing, and a customer taking a hit, too many want to use these two as an excuse for a slagging match, which does not get us closer to finding out what has happened.

I am sure things could have worked out better, but one customer is better than two, and we should be able to support both sides without bias, both side's have lost out. If one is in the wrong lets wait to more information is available before casting stones.

Regards
Steve

Think what will happen if manaforum closes down... its a sobering thought -- it'd be like having two of the family throwbacks come to stay for good.

I propose a LETS KEEP MANAFORUM ON LIFE SUPPORT campaign. We write a fictitious review with lots of jaws droppings, big silly grins; don't forget Happy Birthday posts... in excess of 3,500 posts for them to greedily devour; pushed under their front door -- one-a-day for a decade -- along with the occasional CD, box-of-Rizla-shims or LP12 mat (must be flat things).

The inhabitants wouldn't then feel the urge to roam too far from their reservation.

It'd be like that pre-Shatner Star Trek episode where the guys-in-nighties with big throbby-veiny bum-heads get to make a fantasy world for their captives (max on fit girls in chamois leathers) and no-one here has to clean up the mule droppings.

thecage.jpg

A crazy plan but it might just work...

It is hard to see what interest PFM has with the original thread subject , as all the other posts seem to have made a bit of a joke of the situation, it now seems no more than a place for the Anti-Mana to bask in someone elses misfortune.

As stated previously (I don’t know how many times) pfm’s only interest is in allowing free discussion on a perfectly legitimate issue. The views of individual forum members is not necessarily that of pfm. You are a pfm member, and I’m sure many disagree with your stance, yet you have an equal right to post. This is the point where your argument collapses again and again and again. You would have some vague degree of credibility if you concentrated on the specific views or comments of individual posters you disagree with rather than foolishly attempting to pigeonhole a site with over 4000 members as being one thing. Please raise your game a little, this is becoming somewhat tedious.

Tony.

sastusbulbas said:
I can agree with Heuer being pissed off , and can also see the point of silence if legal proceedings are in hand.
The only point I can see in Mana keeping silent on this matter is if the allegation is true, which, on the face of it, it seems to be.

Why no angry denial? Is it true?

...if Heuer was rude and impatient...
Even if he was (and there's no evidence that he was - on the contrary, he waited several months for his stands before complaining, AFAICT) then that is still absolutely no excuse for swindling him (allegedly).

Fox,

It'd be like that pre-Shatner Star Trek episode where the guys-in-nighties with big throbby-veiny bum-heads get to make a fantasy world for their captives (max on fit girls in chamois leathers) and no-one here has to clean up the mule droppings.
Correction. Max on fit green girls in chamois leathers.

Joe

320x240.jpg

Tony,

I did not mean under any circumstance to pigeonhole the whole site and its 4000 members, I only questioned this thread and its direction and its moderation, and I did not state I knew better or what goes on.

I made a few points, and I am being asked to raise my game ?
And you are now saying I have became a little tedious ?
What the hell sort of attitude is this for a moderator ? is something hitting a bone ?

I questioned your moderation Tony, because I could not work out if you had a side you were supporting, your deletion of posts and banning members had me question the free speech comment, and I asked if you had contradicted yourself, I have no way of telling who is deleting some of the posts which appear in my inbox, so cannot tell if you are taking some comments out and leaving others in.
When someone makes a comment to someone, and someone else gives a nasty reply, then the first post which has been responded to is deleted it makes admin look bad, either that or some of the members you seem to support are taking the piss.

Either way, if you can allow tedious slagging of a product due to recent misfortune and call it free speech, then you can allow others to question the thread and its moderation and answer the seemingly Anti-Mana slgging match in whichever way they see fit without deleting or altering posts and banning members.
You are asking me to put up with the slagging of Mana, I will ask you to put up with my tedious comment's.

Please also note that no offence is directed toward you though you are welcome to think this, I am not so niave to believe I know all the facts, its not like there is much polite conversation ot pointing in the right direction at the moment.

Regards
Steve

Merlin, Blzebub,

These are good points, which I am in no situation to answer, I would like to think there may be some middle ground and that I am not choosing sides in some battle, I have tried to see if less piss taking would get more talk of the reason this thread exists going .
I think more valid points like you have made do come to light in these calmer situ's.

advertisement

Back