advertisement

The classical what are you listening to now ? thread.

Beautiful warm,bright day with a few showers to keep the flowers happy.
What better way to enjoy it than with the beauty of a Mozart piano concerto.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01G4DDEKO/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

51iXBpKwMNL.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Finally got around to listening to the National Youth Orch at the Proms - always a highlight of the season for me. Life-affirming, in fact.

A tenuous local link with this one. I first heard Dag Wirren's Serenade for Stings back in November 1979 at a live recording of the BBC Welsh Symphony Orchestra for BBC Radio 3 recorded in their Llandaff studio in Cardiff. It sticks in my memory because it was the first time I had heard live classical music.
519GsEqOt5L.jpg

BBC Radio3: Mahler1. This is going to be my next purchase - when I find out which recording it is. Sounds wonderful.

Gustav Mahler

Symphony No. 1 in D Major "Titan": I. Langsam, schleppend. Immer sehr gemächlich

Orchestra: Minnesota Orchestra. Conductor: Osmo Vänskä.

• Mahler: Symphony No. 1 in D Major "Titan".
  • BIS-2346 SACD

Most kind. I was simply waiting for Andrew McGregor to provide chapter and verse, and enjoying it. :)

The download doesn't seem to be available yet but I'll keep checking back. The sota recording had that appealing clarity which compensates for not actually 'being there'.

Another local link for me, I heard the New London Consort with Philip Pickett perform Carmina Burana on period intruments live in Llandaff Cathedral in Cardiff many years ago.
51NybP1J0AL.jpg

amazon.co.uk
51BZAv8CmHL._SY400_.jpg

Ravel: Complete Piano Works: Amazon.co.uk: Music

amazon.co.uk
51AqJu305ML._SY400_.jpg

Beethoven: Sonatas For Cello And Piano: Amazon.co.uk: Music

amazon.co.uk
51GpfzYaJEL._SY400_.jpg

Berwald - Symphonies Nos. 3 & 4, Piano Concerto.: Amazon.co.uk: Music
I will ship by EMS or SAL items in stock in Japan. It is approximately 7-14days on delivery date. You wholeheartedly support customers as satisfactory. Thank you for you seeing it.

amazon.co.uk
61AZ5kljMgL._SY400_.jpg

Debussy: Complete Music For Piano (BIS: BISCD1955/56): Amazon.co.uk: Music

amazon.co.uk
51UMS6rCoaL._SY400_.jpg

Midnight Blue: Amazon.co.uk: Music
I have just ordered the above CDs after much deliberation (reading reviews etc) and my natural inclination to dither. It is so indulgent to spend so much money on myself but I am really looking forward to them dropping through my letter box.

Thanks to those posters on here and the other website who brought these to my attention in the first place.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back