advertisement

The 2024 Formula One Season

Hamilton was very astute in his move from McLaren to Mercedes. Will lightning strike twice? We shall see. Plus, nearly everyone wants to drive for Ferrari sometime, especially since it became a more "normal" team - no more (or at least much less) of the Italian politics that drove away talented racewinners in the past.

Laughing at so many of the comments on the PF1 site... most of them slagging Hamilton off and saying what a dumb move it is... it's like 2012 all over again. Of course if he goes to Ferrari and does well all those slagging him off will pretend they didn't just like you can't find anyone now who will admit that they thought his going to Mercedes was a dumb move back then. Armchair experts... who needs them?

I don’t see how anyone can say it’s a bad move, he must have some idea about how competitive the ’24 Merc will be by now. Given that the Red Bull package is all sorted and Max would never want Lewis in the team, that only really leaves Ferrari even without the "iconic brand" factor.

I don’t see how anyone can say it’s a bad move, he must have some idea about how competitive the ’24 Merc will be by now. Given that the Red Bull package is all sorted and Max would never want Lewis in the team, that only really leaves Ferrari even without the "iconic brand" factor.
Pretty sure nobody in RB wants Lewis in the team.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that Ferarri have either made zero progress with their car or better yet made a backward step. Sooner LH is gone the better IMO.

I'm just bored of hearing his name. I'm just like that, I like change. I've never taken to the guys personality anyway.

It will be interesting to see how he gets on with the Ferrari way of working though, I can't see it gelling myself. For example, look at how he reacts to when he doesn't understand/agree with the tactics at Merc. We all know how bad Ferrari have been in that regard, I predict a very strained relationship between them.

Fanboi tribal comments. This needs eradicating before decent people give up on F1.
How old are you? Who even uses the term fanboi? Anyway based on what evidence? Who am I being a "Fanboi" for, where is my over the top adoration of another driver?

Everyone is entitled to dislike someone. I'm no fan of any of the current drivers if you really want to know. I find them all egotistical, arrogant and more than a bit entitled. Barrichello was and always will be my favorite driver.

How old are you? Who even uses the term fanboi? Anyway based on what evidence? Who am I being a "Fanboi" for, where is my over the top adoration of another driver?

Everyone is entitled to dislike someone. I'm no fan of any of the current drivers if you really want to know. I find them all egotistical, arrogant and more than a bit entitled. Barrichello was and always will be my favorite driver.
Hmmm…if you don’t like any of the existing drivers, why on earth do you even bother commenting on an F1 thread? Successful sports people are mostly very “driven” and highly competitive. Sure Ruben’s is indeed a lovely chap but a WDC? Clearly not.

How old am I, well I’ve been watching F1 for several decades.

Hmmm…if you don’t like any of the existing drivers, why on earth do you even bother commenting on an F1 thread? Successful sports people are mostly very “driven” and highly competitive. Sure Ruben’s is indeed a lovely chap but a WDC? Clearly not.

How old am I, well I’ve been watching F1 for several decades.
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise threads on forums were gated.

I'm just bored of hearing his name. I'm just like that, I like change. I've never taken to the guys personality anyway.
I don't think any of us (aside from Ian on here) can claim to know any of the driver's personalities. The media shapes our perceptions of sports stars and whenever I hear Lewis interviewed he always comes across well to me. Yes he will have an ego and a bit of an over inflated amount of self belief, but show me a mega-successful sportsperson that doesn't. I get he's been at the top of the sport for a long time and some may be a bit fed up with that, but I think anyone who can dominate a sport the way Lewis has is to be admired... his talent is generational and many including myself will be sad when he retires just as I was when Schumacher, Prost, Lauda, Mansell did likewise, as I will be when Verstappen stops and of course as I was (extremely) when Senna died.
It will be interesting to see how he gets on with the Ferrari way of working though, I can't see it gelling myself. For example, look at how he reacts to when he doesn't understand/agree with the tactics at Merc. We all know how bad Ferrari have been in that regard, I predict a very strained relationship between them.
Most of the drivers in F1 are pretty bright, they are not going to blindly accept a steer from the team if they feel it is wrong, I am glad they question their teams as I want them to be passionate and engaged rather than just accepting orders like they are in the army. I think Ferrari have a lot to learn strategy wise but they improved a lot last season and knowing you have a WC in the car who can do what you ask has to be a huge confidence boost. Maybe the relationship will be strained, who knows? Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I don't think any of us (aside from Ian on here) can claim to know any of the driver's personalities. The media shapes our perceptions of sports stars and whenever I hear Lewis interviewed he always comes across well to me. Yes he will have an ego and a bit of an over inflated amount of self belief, but show me a mega-successful sportsperson that doesn't. I get he's been at the top of the sport for a long time and some may be a bit fed up with that, but I think anyone who can dominate a sport the way Lewis has is to be admired... his talent is generational and many including myself will be sad when he retires just as I was when Schumacher, Prost, Lauda, Mansell did likewise, as I will be when Verstappen stops and of course as I was (extremely) when Senna died.

Most of the drivers in F1 are pretty bright, they are not going to blindly accept a steer from the team if they feel it is wrong, I am glad they question their teams as I want them to be passionate and engaged rather than just accepting orders like they are in the army. I think Ferrari have a lot to learn strategy wise but they improved a lot last season and knowing you have a WC in the car who can do what you ask has to be a huge confidence boost. Maybe the relationship will be strained, who knows? Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
Fair point, and I agree.

The Times reports that the rumours that at the end of the season someone from team Hamilton approached Red Bull are true, and it was his dad who did the approaching, to be rebuffed by Red Bull.

The Times reports that the rumours that at the end of the season someone from team Hamilton approached Red Bull are true, and it was his dad who did the approaching, to be rebuffed by Red Bull.
Er, this was widely report in November last year... are The Times short of news or something?

Pretty sure nobody in RB wants Lewis in the team.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that Ferarri have either made zero progress with their car or better yet made a backward step. Sooner LH is gone the better IMO.

I think you misunderstood why Max might not want Lewis in the team, personality comments aside.

Er, this was widely report in November last year... are The Times short of news or something?
And repeatedly denied by Hamilton and his entourage at the time.
so now confirming they told a pack of lies.
you not been paying attention?

And repeatedly denied by Hamilton and his entourage at the time.
so now confirming they told a pack of lies.
you not been paying attention?

Oh you're in one of your smart arse, self absorbed, patronising moods are you? Lucky us :D

Best driver deal ever? Ferrari's estimated market capitalisation on Thursday was worth $69.12 billion compared to $62.4 billion at the close of Wednesday's trading, almost $7 billion more. It may grow further still.

advertisement

Back