advertisement

The 2024 Formula One Season

Ferrari posted strong Q4 profit today
Ah damn, there was me thinking it was all down to Hamilton ;) It is funny that the business pages report the share price increase as a result of strong sales and profit forecasts whereas the sports pages are attributing it all to Hamilton signing.

Difficult to attribute.

Markets look at projections and then when that set date is arrived at whether projections were met. (simplified I know)
So even though strong Ferrari Q4 profits did they meet expected projections, fall short or exceed, and is this going to continue a trend; was it a one off or +/- pattern.

The addition of Hamilton's news would have bolstered projections and increased the likelihood of share price etc increasing significantly due to his good track record of financial pull.

He wants another championship, and he has joined the only team likely to be able to get close, if they can sort their chaotic strategy out. I am sure the extra money will help in these troubled times too...

Ferrari posted strong Q4 profit today
Of course, Ferrari the road car manufacturer has been on a much more secure financial and managerial footing since Enzo relinquished control to Fiat (which let him keep his passion, the racing team). Enzo only ever got into road car manufacture under the urging of old friend Carlo Chiti (who was to become Ferrari's North American agent), who saw it as a way to make the money to go racing. People back then bought Ferraris because, like most rich people and expensive things, they could. The bodies were beautiful, the engines magnificent and the quality control a joke (not even a very good joke). Meaning, of course, that the wealthy had to have two, so that they'd have something in which to pose while the other one got fixed (again). Those days appear to be behind Ferrari.

Last edited:
S'funny, I get miffed with a cheap, shit car. Not sure how I'd react if I had owned a 330 GTS that spent more time in the garage!

Hi, i thought Ferrari the car people and Ferrari F1, are two separate company's, only thing in common is that they share the name, so if Ferrari cars, shares have gone up its just luck, people believe the two company's are the same company, not so,
am i right, :rolleyes:

Not sure how reliable this information is:

What Car Company Owns Ferrari?​

With the public owning a majority stake in Ferrari, you can read it one of two ways: shareholders own Ferrari or Ferrari owns Ferrari. There’s not a wrong way to look at it, because either way it means that the people making the decisions about new Ferrari models, about how to register and catalog your classic Ferrari, are all doing it with one thing in mind: the future of the Ferrari brand and reputation.

Who Owns Ferrari Today?​

After restructuring to establish Ferrari N.V. as the holding company of the Ferrari Group, FIAT Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) sold 10% of their shares and distributed their remaining 80% of shares among FCA shareholders. 10% of Ferrari was and continues to be owned by Piero Ferrari (son of Enzo). Currently, Ferrari is primarily owned by the public:
  • 67.09% Public
  • 22.91% Exor N.V. (Owners of FCA)
  • 10.00% Piero Ferrari

Hi, i thought Ferrari the car people and Ferrari F1, are two separate company's, only thing in common is that they share the name, so if Ferrari cars, shares have gone up its just luck, people believe the two company's are the same company, not so,
am i right, :rolleyes:
Ferrari was a division of the Fiat Group for some years, but was then floated on the stock exchange as an independent corporate entity within the Stellantis Group. As I understand it, Scuderia Ferrari SpA is a division of Ferrari N.V. (incorporated in the Netherlands). Here's the registration in the US Securities and Exchange Commission:

Ferrari's stock price on the news was up 50 points resulting in a several billion dollar bump. This transaction -and I wouldn't be surprised Lewis received stock options at time of signing- was more about money then potentially winning races which would just be considered as a nice bonus if he actually did, and -best part- Lewis has yet to even step foot into a car. Ferrari has already won big time on this gamble and now Lewis can just run what amounts to parade laps for the fans for 2 or so seasons and then fade away..

This transaction -and I wouldn't be surprised Lewis received stock options at time of signing- was more about money then potentially winning races which would just be considered as a nice bonus if he actually did, and -best part- Lewis has yet to even step foot into a car. Ferrari has already won big time on this gamble and now Lewis can just run what amounts to parade laps for the fans for 2 or so seasons and then fade away..

Yeah ‘cos Lewis (like all top drivers) is short of cash and just loves being in uncompetitive cars. Parade laps my arse, get a grip man.

A long term ambassador role and $400m+ business venture is being touted as part of the deal. Could well be smart business.

So where does this leave Carlos Sainz? He's a good driver, where will he go in 2025?

Has he given any reaction?

advertisement

Back