advertisement

The 2023 Formula One Season

I’ll take the Senna package thanks. Bargin.

I didn't have you down as needing a "powder room" in your hotel suite, but, hey, I'm not judging. (Though I don't even know what a powder room is. Being the US, perhaps it's gunpowder ?)

It's b*ll*cks though - advertising bed sheet thread count, and guest powder rooms for an F1 package. I think I'd rather go camping at Watkins Glen.

I didn't have you down as needing a "powder room" in your hotel suite, but, hey, I'm not judging. (Though I don't even know what a powder room is. Being the US, perhaps it's gunpowder ?)

It's b*ll*cks though - advertising bed sheet thread count, and guest powder rooms for an F1 package. I think I'd rather go camping at Watkins Glen.
With the cheapskate $21k package they don’t even provide a tent, let alone an hotel room with powder room. Mad, mad, mad.

It really is showing many of us that F1 is going in a direction we are not interested in.
Most F1 drivers aren’t interesting.
Many personnel aren’t interesting.
I’ve never watched the Netflix lies thing. Yuck.
Celebrities on the grid don’t want to talk to anyone if they’re not the centre of attention.
Some aspects of F1 are still a joke after 70+ years.
I don’t necessarily want ‘exciting’ races, thank you very much. Strategy and incredible driving will do for me.

I could go on.

British circuits have been changing. Silverstone is just horrible. I love Brands, but almost every view is through chain link fencing. I find myself spending much more time in pits and paddocks (if I’m even allowed in them).

It’s all a bit of a shame. I often wish I could restore my time Machine and go back to the 50s and 60s. Yeah, even if only for a year or two.

On Sky they said Spa was horrible because of the camping and the rain, not up to standards. Over 400.000 spectators were not getting the new F1 experience. Are you certain it is an American thing?

Most F1 drivers aren’t interesting.
They may not be interesting in the same way as James Hunt, but I think this is a bit of an unfair complaint. They have to be in top physical and mental shape as F1 is now just like any other professional sport - a sport of marginal gains.

I’ve never watched the Netflix lies thing. Yuck.
Season 1 started out quite well, but then it became a soap opera.

I think (hope) the celeb thing will die out - I think F1 is just the scene of the moment, but they'll get bored and move on. It is worrying that ticket prices are getting so high, but I find ticket prices for most pro sports big games to be ludicrous these days - I'd rather watch on TV or highlights on youtube.

I’d rather go and watch something live, without the “Red Bull” media effect and changed to appeal to short attention spans.

Perhaps British Superbike is a good option if you're UK based ? Snetterton isn't too far from you, I think.
I’ve been, and it was ok, but bikes aren’t my thing really.
I suppose I need to have a good think about the future of my interests. Very few sports seem to be able to survive without large sums of money flowing through them, and that’ll probably be the cause of my waning interest.

Twenty years ago I was at every race meeting and airshow I could get to. Now, a free ticket will tempt me into an airshow, and some pre 2000 motorsport might get me out of bed early.

Like my job, most things in life just seem to get worse, more difficult, less inspiring.

After watching Guy Martin’s latest programmes, I crave the lawless free for all of somewhere like Colombia!

I’ve been, and it was ok, but bikes aren’t my thing really.
I suppose I need to have a good think about the future of my interests. Very few sports seem to be able to survive without large sums of money flowing through them, and that’ll probably be the cause of my waning interest.

Twenty years ago I was at every race meeting and airshow I could get to. Now, a free ticket will tempt me into an airshow, and some pre 2000 motorsport might get me out of bed early.

Like my job, most things in life just seem to get worse, more difficult, less inspiring.

After watching Guy Martin’s latest programmes, I crave the lawless free for all of somewhere like Colombia!

One thing I'd like to do (not sure if I ever will since I'm in the US) is go ride part way up a cycling grand tour climb and then watch the pros ride by.
I'd love to be in Paris for the finish of the TdF but I know nothing about the spectating situation on the Champs Elysees, and whether you have to pay hundreds or thousands to see anything.

362690781_678707384286374_8602983905583431766_n.jpg

advertisement

Back