advertisement

The 2022 Formula One Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway… Today's race.

Barring car issues or collisions, I reckon the Red Bulls will finish at least 4th and 6th, maybe 2nd and 4th.

I would guess this is only wishful thinking but in most of the races so far Mercedes have shown to have better race pace than their single lap qualifying pace. George turned that on its head yesterday with an outstanding lap that even he seemed surprised by and when asked said he just did not know were the pace came from and how it could be harnessed consistently . However if there race pace is good then with a decent start George could well get away and put a bit of distance from the Ferraris . Then it will be down to tyre deg and strategy by the team to keep him either first or at least in the top three . Lewis needs to try and gain places with a good start then see if he has enough pace to over take. This is not a great track for overtaking so both RB cars have there work cut out getting up the field seeing as how so many cars showed good pace . Max will no doubt intimidate those in front of him and get past but I have doubts that Perez will do the same. While Max has the much faster car when he gets up behind Lewis unless this is a really huge difference i suspect it will be a war of attrition to get past . Unless there are errors I see the top three finishing as it is with perhaps a different order , Lewis probably fifth and Max either fourth or sixth . This is one race you need to be very calm and cool about your drive any rash moves could end up with retirement .

It’s a much colder day today, and Mercedes have concerns over their tyre performance/temperatures/balance.

Even if I were a betting man, I’d be hesitating today.

Im thinking (maybe also hoping!) that George will hold his own and it’ll be down to pit stop strategy for the win.

Carlos will be in close pursuit. He is a very ‘flowy’ driver so this track suits his style.

VER will move up the pack quickly and it’ll be in the mind of Lewis if it is worth racing the RB for position - this will be fed back to him by the time after a few laps to see how the Lada, sorry, Merc is holding out in comparison to the RB. He might even play a team game and hold him up as long as possible if its evident his pace is not on par.

Result prediction: George first, Carlos second and Charles third.

Its a bit windy there isn't it, the national anthem singer looks like she is going to take off in a moment.

It’s a much colder day today, and Mercedes have concerns over their tyre performance/temperatures/balance.

I thought a key part of George's lap yesterday was that it was colder and he did a much better job than the others of getting heat into the tires on his out lap?

Well fair enough..

Red Bull made the right calls today
Ferrari made the worst calls today (like WTAF)
Merc could have made better calls

Lewis was the fastest dude on track again. Still confused as to why that isn’t translating but a double podium is a good result, don't worry George your time will come!

So…

Summer break, next race over the August bank holiday weekend.

I’m thinking that Hamilton could finish second in this year’s drivers championship. Obviously that prediction relies on Ferrari continuing to fubar their hopes, but Hamilton is nailing it. I think he could’ve been fighting for the win today if his DRS hadn’t failed in Q3.

So…

Summer break, next race over the August bank holiday weekend.

I’m thinking that Hamilton could finish second in this year’s drivers championship. Obviously that prediction relies on Ferrari continuing to fubar their hopes, but Hamilton is nailing it. I think he could’ve been fighting for the win today if his DRS hadn’t failed in Q3.

Its completely possible. We just need to see that fastest man on track every week thing translating to wins.

Still he broke another world record today, apparently one of the longest standing ones.

He probably would have won today if it wasn't for the DRS based on his race pace. Lets hope for a Merc V2 after the break.

A cool-headed moment by Verstappen when he had that low speed spin, I think.
Instead of hitting the brakes and flat-spotting the tyres, he hit the revs and just took a little rubber off while completing a 360°.

I enjoyed that race. Also a lot of on track racing which I guess is more evidence the new regs are working (even if they still seem to need DRS).

What I find totally ridiculous is how MV and LH have a cordial and respectful relationship in the top 3 room but internet "fans" (I use the term very loosely) make childish sometimes discriminatory comments.

Lewis has always been that way, thats what makes him him (better man than me) , VER not so much in past but he has definitely been under instruction to be less mouthy this year on and off track. They are all under very close FIA scrutiny when in public after 2021.

The Ferrari chief strategist (with grade inflation Chief Strategic Officer etc) many years ago. During this time he has cost Ferrari an enormous number of points and most likely championships.

He took the team from having the best race strategy toolset and oved it back to using Excel spreadsheets. You could not make this up. And having done it and got so many things wrong, he seems to be unsackable! You could not make this up.

The Ferrari chief strategist (with grade inflation Chief Strategic Officer etc) many years ago. During this time he has cost Ferrari an enormous number of points and most likely championships.

He took the team from having the best race strategy toolset and oved it back to using Excel spreadsheets. You could not make this up. And having done it and got so many things wrong, he seems to be unsackable! You could not make this up.

Its gotta be questioned this time surely

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back