advertisement

The 2022 Formula One Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously a great drive in particular by VER and HAM; all the top 6 were in with a shout at some point. This is what F1 should be, excellent racing and fun to watch.

BUT……. OMG, Ferrari WTAF

If there’s a F1 textbook of shooting yourself in the foot,
this calamitous Ferrari 2022 campaign is essential reading,
how with the car and drivers they’ve got they’re not out of sight is beyond me,
they’ve underperformed at every level for sure. :confused:

wRRflVz.jpg

What I find totally ridiculous is how MV and LH have a cordial and respectful relationship in the top 3 room but internet "fans" (I use the term very loosely) make childish sometimes discriminatory comments.
MV is one of the fastest drivers I have ever seen.
He has been absolutely stunning this season.
Pleasure to watch.

IF the tyre manufacturer has said not to use the hard tyres as they will compromise race pace , why would you use them ! Max drove really well but Ferrari gave him a free pass with their strategy .
Shocking they were not even on the podium

IF the tyre manufacturer has said not to use the hard tyres as they will compromise race pace , why would you use them ! Max drove really well but Ferrari gave him a free pass with their strategy .
Shocking they were not even on the podium

If the tire manufacturer has said not to use the hard tires, why did they bring them?

If the tire manufacturer has said not to use the hard tires, why did they bring them?

They have to bring 3 compounds and they base it on previous years and weather forecast and a bunch of other stuff as well. It is usually very hot for this race so with low race temps for the race this year they were caught out a little. There are 5 compounds available, C1 to C5 and they bought C2, C3 and C4. Seeing how quickly the C4 softs burnt out in the early laps, if they had gone C3, C4 and C5 we might have seen no one using the C5 as it would probably have lasted only a handful of laps.

Another interesting (bad?) choice there for Alonso. He has a history of joining teams at the wrong time!

Alpine are looking decent this year, Aston martin are not. Assume he wanted multi-year deal, which Lawrence would give him and Alpine would not. Who knows; it could be an inspired move what with the new Aston HQ coming online next year and Strolls deep pockets. But I suspect not.

Does mean that he's staying on the grid though, so glad about that.

It must be about money/longevity as based on this years performance Alpine would surely be the better team to stay with to challenge the leaders?

If Seb cant get performance out of that Aston, not sure Alonso will be able to either.

Not sure I agree, I put ALO ahead of VET especially in a tricky car. VET was great in a car that suited him but he had poor results in marginal cars got well beaten in 2014 by RIC in a RB without the exhaust blowing stuff and IMO is not great in wheel to wheel racing. ALO thrives in those conditions.

Not sure I agree, I put ALO ahead of VET especially in a tricky car. VET was great in a car that suited him but he had poor results in marginal cars got well beaten in 2014 by RIC in a RB without the exhaust blowing stuff and IMO is not great in wheel to wheel racing. ALO thrives in those conditions.

I hear you, but the Aston dosent seem to have anything in it for Alonso to extract, its not a tricky car like the Merc, it just seems a bit crap. But yes agree, Alonso is definitely more of a dog fighter.

I am definitely happy Alonso is staying in F1, he has certainly been great to watch this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back