advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

If you are offered a drive in a Lotus Esprit Turbo, you will need to decide on which foot to amputate first.

Aren't both needed to operate the vehicle?

I stood next to a Lotus Elise the other day and wondered how the hell I'd ever manage to get down into that and, if I succeeded, how I'd get out?

And I had a Fiat X 1/9 for 13 years...

When I was 33 years old I bought a new Caterham 7 I used to get in that even with the roof on ! Plus it wasn’t the long cockpit version. Had it for 10 years then sold it and bought a 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS carburettor car not as much fun as the 7. Kept it for 18 years then sold it for a 2002 Porsche Boxster 3.2S which I still have.

Regards,

Martin

The Mrs and I hired a Caterham a few years ago. The weather wasn't kind and both of us managed to enter and exit with the roof up, in our 60s. A joy to drive but less luggage space than my motorbike

I have driven a Formula Ford and some kind of sports car from one of the old BRSCC championships which was bonkers fast.

Watched the Sky build up program to the race and Ted Kravitz said they all knew George Russell was going to Mercedes.

He said once Red Bull knew that George Russell was not available, he implied they were after him, they confirmed Sergio Perez for next year, that he said was the indicator that George Russell was heading for Mercedes.

He also suggested that Valtteri Bottas was more than likely heading for Alfa Romeo.

The way it was reported it seemed like a done deal that many around the F1 teams knew.

Maybe @IanW would know if what Ted Kravitz was implying would be common knowledge to insiders.

From Twitter.
I recall photographing James at the Canadian GP with such a lady, disappearing into a motorhome!

E-SqNGaWEAAsWGG

And when driving James had a screaming Cosworth behind him instead of 'excuse me for sounding like your neighbors diesel'. I vote for James life.

Watched the Sky build up program to the race and Ted Kravitz said they all knew George Russell was going to Mercedes.

He said once Red Bull knew that George Russell was not available, he implied they were after him, they confirmed Sergio Perez for next year, that he said was the indicator that George Russell was heading for Mercedes.

He also suggested that Valtteri Bottas was more than likely heading for Alfa Romeo.

The way it was reported it seemed like a done deal that many around the F1 teams knew.

Maybe @IanW would know if what Ted Kravitz was implying would be common knowledge to insiders.
I have been hearing these rumours for a few days now.

In the teams in question you are not likely to know unless you are in the senior management team. However, information leaks out in other teams as secrecy does not matter to them (and the big bosses and journalists talk) and like I know people in all teams, so do may others, so that is how the rumours spread quickly through the teams.

Another interesting development is that it looks like there will be no Ferrari academy driver at Sauber next year. I was expecting Antonio or Callum to be driving at Sauber if the Ferrari engine deal was continuing past 2022.

If Sauber are switching to Merc then it won't be long before we see evidence of this.

I hate this lets laugh at Lewis because he doesn't look and behave like my idea of a racing driver so no longer fulfils my projection requirements. Also that flame ombre plaid over shirt is epic.

Same here.

And the behaviour that was seen as acceptable in 1970s F1 by almost everyone back then just isn’t now. The in-your-face excesses have gone, especially over the last two seasons, cigarette sponsorship and indeed smoking are absent, and of course the open sexism has gone. Add to that the fact that Lewis wouldn’t have been welcomed into the paddocks by anyone in the 70s, and it’s the image of James Hunt that looks a little stupid now.

It will be interesting to see how Kim drives, if indeed he does, for the rest of the season.

I reckoned that there was a pattern with him of getting close to contract time and his performance would step up and then once the contract was signed, performance would drop off a bit.

advertisement

Back