advertisement

The 2021 F1 Season.

Not F1 but the legend Valentino Rossi is finally calling it a day. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/58097548

Some career he's had and it's been sad watching him slowly move down the grid the last few seasons but what a talent he was at his peak.

The top MotoGP and Grand Prix 500 riders over the years are truely a breed apart. I saw many 500 races over the years with Schwantz being my favourite rider and watching them wrestle those extraordinary peaky 2 strokes around Donnington is still one of my favourite memories. Seeing Schwantz wheelying out of McLeans whilst sliding the rear tyre as well remains etched on my mind.

I caught the start of Vale's career in the 125 and 250 years and he truly seemed to win at will. I thought we would never see anyone like him but Marquez is built of the same stuff and I hope his injuries let him continue. Vale is pretty much the only top rider to have escaped career ending or limiting injuries which is a big part of his longevity.

The top MotoGP and Grand Prix 500 riders over the years are truely a breed apart. I saw many 500 races over the years with Schwantz being my favourite rider and watching them wrestle those extraordinary peaky 2 strokes around Donnington is still one of my favourite memories. Seeing Schwantz wheelying out of McLeans whilst sliding the rear tyre as well remains etched on my mind.

I caught the start of Vale's career in the 125 and 250 years and he truly seemed to win at will. I thought we would never see anyone like him but Marquez is built of the same stuff and I hope his injuries let him continue. Vale is pretty much the only top rider to have escaped career ending or limiting injuries which is a big part of his longevity.
The most nail-biting race I've ever seen was Rossi v. Stoner at Laguna Seca in 2008:

Rossi knew that Stoner was faster, so he had to stay in front and immediately attack if Stoner took the lead. As a result, they were so far ahead of everyone else that, when Stoner made a mistake and came off, he still had time to pick up the bike and finish second. Stoner was immensely talented, but he always came across to me as a sour little git, and he wasn't happy with Rossi's defensive moves.

The most nail-biting race I've ever seen was Rossi v. Stoner at Laguna Seca in 2008:

Rossi knew that Stoner was faster, so he had to stay in front and immediately attack if Stoner took the lead. As a result, they were so far ahead of everyone else that, when Stoner made a mistake and came off, he still had time to pick up the bike and finish second. Stoner was immensely talented, but he always came across to me as a sour little git, and he wasn't happy with Rossi's defensive moves.

Did you mean to link to the computer generated gameplay version?

This is the real life highlights - but I agree, super tense battle

Doh, can't direct link, but you can watch on YT

Did you mean to link to the computer generated gameplay version?

This is the real life highlights - but I agree, super tense battle

Doh, can't direct link, but you can watch on YT
No, I linked to a ten-minute extended highlights version of the actual race, which I hadn't previously seen. I know well your 4-minute version. How you ended up with a computer version I know not - differences between YouTube in Swizzieland and the UK?

No, I linked to a ten-minute extended highlights version of the actual race, which I hadn't previously seen. I know well your 4-minute version. How you ended up with a computer version I know not - differences between YouTube in Swizzieland and the UK?

Your link (IyFDHCpcvUo) is the gameplay version, very high quality but unmistakable with unnatural slight bike movements and the bikes are 2007 not the 2008 bikes

- this is the description - Gameplay MotoGP20 PS4 - Valentino Rossi vs Casey Stoner

I looked for a real life 10 min version and could not find it

Your link (IyFDHCpcvUo) is the gameplay version, very high quality but unmistakable with unnatural slight bike movements and the bikes are 2007 not the 2008 bikes

- this is the description - Gameplay MotoGP20 PS4 - Valentino Rossi vs Casey Stoner

I looked for a real life 10 min version and could not find it
Not unmistakable, because I mistook it! Really quite extraordinary. It even used the original commentary.

That wasn't the appeal, it was the request to review. The appeal is yet to happen.

Surely the request to review is the first part of the appeal? It's the bit where you have to show significant new evidence or you are not allowed to proceed to appeal. Certainly that is what happened with Red Bull at Silverstone and Ferrari in years gone by.

Oh I see the stewards appeal has failed and they are talking about an FIA court appeal.

Perhaps what Aston Martin should be doing is looking for a change in the current, very clear rules. I feel a little sympathy for Vettel, but the team have let him down. Put your hands up, crack on.

As much as I love the Spa GP, I need to get out of the house. So…

At Brands this weekend I’m hoping to see Baby Bertha in action with a record Special Saloons and Modsports entry. Oh, and a big European GTs race. If I can avoid the news, I’ll catch up with the GP Sunday night.

Loved the old Firenzas, had a couple of Magnums back in the day.

I’ve been chatting with Gerry Marshall’s son Gregor today via YouTube. He races a Firenza, was testing it last week. Funny ol’ world!

Last edited:
The start of another tough triple header for the teams.

Funny how Ross knows that is really hard for the teams and was dead against it when working in a team, and yet now is happy for them to go ahead.

Hard enough without Covid, but with the mitigations in place, it all makes it just a bit it harder.

advertisement

Back