advertisement

The 2017 F1 Thread

It's just that some of us don't understand why Hamilton is rated so highly.

When he was at McLaren with Button they were equally matched.

When he was at Mercedes with Rosberg they were equal.

And now it seems that Bottas is his equal as well.

No issue at all with that view or argument and happy to have the debate but it is the stupid comments like "wannabe gangsta rappa" which add nothing to the debate and are just teh haterz.

Fanbois hate critics of dem dey harzt...how old are you people?

Nope. Wrong yet again. I have no issue with reasoned criticism of Ham. It's just you have not made any yet just stupid posts about wannabe gangsta rappas.

Why criticise Hamilton? He's an excellent monegasque driver, perhaps one of the best.

Nope. Wrong yet again. I have no issue with reasoned criticism of Ham. It's just you have not made any yet just stupid posts about wannabe gangsta rappas.

So he does not affect gangsta rapper stylee and has no pop music ambitions. Understood.

He also is an excellent driver in one of the 2 best cars.

Another will he? won't he? Rather good, I thought. And points for the home team (Sauber) at last!!!

Great strategy call by Mercedes too - to go for the tyre change right at the end of the virtual safety car period and not give Ferrari time to react.

Was good race but Ham looked well knackered throughout and at the end. Apparently he is doing his own training between races now. Maybe he needs to pick up the training a bit.

About time they had a decent race and a season in prospect.

What a shame it's not on terrestrial.

About time they had a decent race and a season in prospect.

What a shame it's not on terrestrial.

My approach with that is to avoid the BBC website once the race starts and any other news outlet until I've watched the race highlights on Channel 4. If it's live on Channel 4, all the better as I can watch live :cool:

My approach with that is to avoid the BBC website once the race starts and any other news outlet until I've watched the race highlights on Channel 4. If it's live on Channel 4, all the better as I can watch live :cool:

My approach has been to switch sport after around forty years.

Shame as I see Hamilton as the first truly World Class driver to be British in those 40 years.

My approach has been to switch sport after around forty years.

Shame as I see Hamilton as the first truly World Class driver to be British in those 40 years.

Not sure what is driving that for you but F1 is seriously changing at the moment. The ship will take a while to turn but Liberty Media seem to want to make it far more accessible and appealing to fans, both casual and hard core.

We have the closest inter team battle for over 5 years between two drivers at their peak and a charismatic supporting cast of Danny Ric, Vestappen, Raikonnen, Alonso (sort of) and some decent young drivers as well.

I think it is the strongest it has been for many years.

Get over yourself Merlin, F1 doesn't need you any more.

And likewise, I really don't need it.

I'm sure it's designed to appeal to the brand conscious and the impressionable young professionals.

To be fair it's been heading that way for decades and I guess I've been heading in the opposite direction. I certainly wouldn't pay for the privilege of watching what looks like an exciting season (manufactured or not.)

Maybe time to sell off my vast collection of memorabilia.

Was good race but Ham looked well knackered throughout and at the end. Apparently he is doing his own training between races now. Maybe he needs to pick up the training a bit.

Noticed that he was struggling to talk & drive at the same time: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p052x5p7

Seems like the cars are a lot more physical to drive now which is a good thing and he did say he was literally on the limit from lap one.

Only he will know if he needs extra training though but he got the job done.

Good to see the fight between Ferrari and Mercedes, this is what we need. In some ways I'm not a fan of number 1 and 2 drivers but when it was just Merc v Merc then it became completely artificial in terms of deferring strategy options to the lead driver which then impeded full competition.

So yes, much more interesting to see a whole team taking on another team.

advertisement

Back