advertisement

Teddy Pardo PR1 vs Naim NAC252

I do not understand why people with 'soundstage high priority' choose Naim in first instance

I'm not sure they start off prioritising sound stage.

It just happens to materialise the more they upgrade and add more black boxes.

Sound stage! What's not to like?

I do not understand why people with 'soundstage high priority' choose Naim in first instance

For my excuse: I didn‘t know it better, because I was fallen in the Naim trap since 20 years. Never heard alternatives since that time. Every time I upgraded, I felt better but just for a short time.

When I was comparing 52/135 vs PR1/MB100 i found that cables made a lot of difference. Just wondering if someone else have the same experience. Many thanks

When I was comparing 52/135 vs PR1/MB100 i found that cables made a lot of difference. Just wondering if someone else have the same experience. Many thanks

Someone call it Voodoo, but my experience is, that all the things, beginning with the positioning on the rack, power cables and also the interconnect cables, have an big influence to details and sound.

I am using the Phonosophie Powercord 1 MK2 in silver variant. Interconnect are also from Phonosophie, but they will be replaced by Teddy‘s interconnect cables.
Before I switched to Teddy, I used the Chord Sarum Tuned Aray to connect my CD. It was a RCA to DIN. Very good cable, but also a lot of money for it.
Now I am happy with Teddy‘s product‘s.

Teddy Pardo amps are no more :(...

"After long deliberation we have decided to stop making amplifiers.

During the last ten years we tried, and I believe succeeded, in making excellent audio products at prices which are far below the market prices for such high sound quality. The only way for us to achieve that goal was to sell them online without a distribution channel. After ten years of struggling I must admit that from a business perspective what works well for power supplies doesn’t work that well for amplifiers. We will focus from now on what we are most successful in, power supplies and accessories."

Fortunately, I already have the Teddy PR1 plus x2 MB100.
Only thing I regret a bit is, that I bought it all used.
Maybe Teddy had decided in an other way, if he sold more of it.
I had some doubts, because of a possible turnback to Israel
and ran after paid VAT from Customs office.
This was absolutely unfounded. The Teddy‘s are absolutely fine
and better as everything I‘ve ever heard.
Also cables. I have now x3 pair of RCA and a pair of loudspeaker
cables. All in the same fantastic quality as the devices.
I am a little bit scared, if the DACs will go the same way.
Actually I don‘t need it, but maybe in the future.
We will see...

Really sad, that other members will not have the chance to buy
such fantastic amplifiers new. The prices for used one (if available),
will increase in the future...

I too was lucky enough to purchase a PR1 last April. Will have to live with my 250.2 until possibly MB100's in the future. Also loving my Chord Qutest DAC.:rolleyes:

well, that's how I feel - I have a PR1 and am looking for MB 100. Which power amplifier could be recommended instead of the MB 100? It should have the same quality and the same power... Currently I still have my NAP 200, but I would like to change it now.

Why do I want to change? I was simply very impressed when I replaced the NAC 202 with Teddy's PR1. The sound stage is bigger and deeper. Just good... or different... Now I replaced my Naim DAC with the Teddy DAC and wanted to try the MB 100. In addition, the MB 100 are stronger than the NAP 200 - and my loudspeakers simply need a little more guidance. But that will be more difficult now, when Teddy gives up the whole amplifier business.
Does anyone have any idea what else I could try instead of the MB 100...?

I will get soon a PR1 so thanks for your answer (i also have 202/200). In another setup i use a Denon PMA-1520AE as Poweramp and it is fantastic, so maybe the Denon PMA-2500 is right for you...

Why do I want to change? I was simply very impressed when I replaced the NAC 202 with Teddy's PR1. The sound stage is bigger and deeper. Just good... or different... Now I replaced my Naim DAC with the Teddy DAC and wanted to try the MB 100. In addition, the MB 100 are stronger than the NAP 200 - and my loudspeakers simply need a little more guidance. But that will be more difficult now, when Teddy gives up the whole amplifier business.

You could ask Teddy, if he will do it one more time...:cool:

How's the DAC compare?

Apologies for jumping in on the Teddy dac v Naim dac question. I replaced a Naim dac and Teddy XPS with a Teddy dac with a volume control. There is no doubt in my mind that this was a musical improvement. Replacing 2 boxes with one and a few quid in the bank account was a bonus.

advertisement

Back