advertisement

Teddy Pardo i80a Owners Thread

Having not heard a Teddy Pardo amplifer, is there a particular audio character shared through the range. I guess it depends a lot on partnering equipment to an extent. Is the sound more laid back than forward, rich/warm sounding etc.

Laid back not, more punchy and stronger foundation than with my Supernait 2. In my chain, in my room with my ears it is simply a lot better and I love Naim, in fact it has been the first brand I bought a whole chain from, now that being Teddy Pardo. In your words, it is rich, fast, forward not warm in the first place. I owned a very nice tube amp some years ago, which set the tone on the warm side and is my reference point. In comparison to that neither Naim nor Teddy Pardo can be called warm...

Cool, I have the Reiner SACD in my collection. I have as FLAC played through the DAC and also of course through my Rega Apollo SE 35th, which is a top line player. I will give it a try, have not listened to this version since I got my Teddy Pardo as Kertesz, Friscay and others are better recordings to my ears...

In fact I have an audio expert discussion from a couple of years ago and they said that there are 50 - 100 version and a lot being added every year. They said Kertesz is the best...give it a try if you can.

Which Kertesz version do you own, Esoteric Hybrid SACD version on Amazon £1000 ? Do you have a SACD player in order to audition your Reiner SACD ?

Decca original Vinyl for a start with the Kertesz. Reiner is the Living Stereo SACD of course. I do not have CDs I cannot play. Is this Kindergarten and are you the teacher?

As well as auditioning the amps with these well recorded esoteric tracks, which will sound decent on most systems. Try feeding them with something from say, The Flaming Lips or MGMT. That would be a sterner test for them.

I no longer bother with vinyl ,prefer mch SACD or CD, have ordered from Japan Decca Kertesz New World VPO £20 will be interesting to hear how it compares with Krondrashin.

As well as auditioning the amps with these well recorded esoteric tracks, which will sound decent on most systems. Try feeding them with something from say, The Flaming Lips or MGMT. That would be a sterner test for them.

I have never heard of them, we are trying to access the merits of SN2 v 180a with natural sounding Classical recordings in known repeatable acoustic environments you can not use what to me is rubbish enhanced pop/rock music for this purpose.

I have never heard of them, we are trying to access the merits of SN2 v 180A with natural sounding Classical recordings in known repeatable acoustic environments you can not use what to me is rubbish enhanced pop/rock music for this purpose.

Why do you refer to it as 180A?

The complete Kertesz/LSO Dvorak symphony cycle is available from Amazon for £23.06. Great VFM.

The complete Kertesz/LSO Dvorak symphony cycle is available from Amazon for £23.06. Great VFM.

Its the VPO recording that is generally considered the best, and used by Esoteric not the LSO one. However Penguin Guide to 1000 Finest Classical Recordings seem to prefer the LSO one

Decca original Vinyl for a start with the Kertesz. Reiner is the Living Stereo SACD of course. I do not have CDs I cannot play. Is this Kindergarten and are you the teacher?

As you mentioned the Rega player it is not SACD. Just found the Kertesz VPO 9th. CD. I do not claim to be a expert on Conductor performances . However I much prefer Krondrashin Decca Ovation CD also with VPO as the sound is so much better probably because it was remastered 1991.

Hi Chris,

Just wondering what power cable are you using with Teddy Pardo I80A?
Are you using the same power cable with SN2?

Thanks

David

Hi Chris,

Just wondering what power cable are you using with Teddy Pardo I80A?
Are you using the same power cable with SN2?

Thanks

David

No, I d not. I use German Inakustik Black and White for all devices. But Teddy says it does not matter at all and I would agree, I just use one the same brand for all devices, good quality and that's it.

No, I d not. I use German Inakustik Black and White for all devices. But Teddy says it does not matter at all and I would agree, I just use one the same brand for all devices, good quality and that's it.

We agree on this one, I just use a heavy duty power cord.

Have you decided which sounds better Naim Supernait 2 or TP 180a playing your favourite Dvorak symphony No. 9. Have you read the Andrew Everard review ?

Have you decided which sounds better Naim Supernait 2 or TP 180a playing your favourite Dvorak symphony No. 9. Have you read the Andrew Everard review ?

Haven't been around for a while: The I80A still sounds better, also on classic and with regards to No.9.

I have read the Andrew Everard review on the SN2 if you mean this. The SN2 is the best Amp I have ever owned but then Teddy Pardo's I80A replaced it and it is better in every sense.

I will keep the SN2 for a secondary stereo system or just as a backup or reference. But I have sold all the other Naim gear including DAC, HDX, XPS, HCDR and HI-LINE cables and such. No regrets thus far and I got more money than I had spent due to the price increases since. Very nice.

I currently own a Teddy Pardo i80a, TeddyDac and Naim ND5xs. It is phenomenal. Normally I control the ND5xs from a phone, but today I picked up the Naim remote. Pleasent surprise when I realised that I can change volume of i80a with the Naim remote.

I currently own a Teddy Pardo i80a, TeddyDac and Naim ND5xs. It is phenomenal. Normally I control the ND5xs from a phone, but today I picked up the Naim remote. Pleasent surprise when I realised that I can change volume of i80a with the Naim remote.

Nice, yes it is really phenomenal. I have replaced my Naim HDX with a Mac mini (supplied by a Teddy Pardo PSU) and never looked back. The Mac Mini connects to the Pardo DAC and that to the I80A.

advertisement

Back