advertisement

Teddy Pardo i80a Owners Thread

schneller

pfm Member
I am a (very) prospective owner of the Teddy i80a. If other owners could post their impressions here, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Teddy threads could become tedious but having acquired a PR1 I'm bound to wonder what an ST60 power amp might compare to. I could be tempted by an olive 250 for similar money but for starters it'll be old whereas an ST60 is obviously new. Anyone any idea how the newbie compares?

Teddy threads could become tedious but having acquired a PR1 I'm bound to wonder what an ST60 power amp might compare to. I could be tempted by an olive 250 for similar money but for starters it'll be old whereas an ST60 is obviously new. Anyone any idea how the newbie compares?
my pr1 + mb100s ate my naim 82 + 250 for breakfast i can't imagine you would be disapionted go for it:D

The real battle for me is i80a vs. SuperNait2. If you follow the NAIM forum, the SN2 might as well be the second coming...

The real battle for me is i80a vs. SuperNait2. If you follow the NAIM forum, the SN2 might as well be the second coming...

I've heard the SN2 described as a super Nait 2, suggesting it's a Nait 2 that's er, super! Even though it has been well received, I'm not sure it offers the same bang for buck as the i80a does (bearing in mind I've not heard either).

Hmmm. I've enjoyed the Naim bits I've had (which aren't that many I have to admit) but it does seem to be something akin to religion for some people and sacrilegious to suggest anything else might be better. I have my suspicions about the fervour on the Naim forum. The SN2 would have to be very special to better the Teddy PR1 with a decent power amp and so it follows with the i80a if it's simply a PR1 and ST60 in a box. The PR1 has been a real revelation for me. To be honest I have no idea what it's like against a 52 but I do know that at the money I paid for it, it's a stunner. It's certainly not going anywhere.

I have to ask, is there anyone out here who firmly believes that their Naim gear just slaughtered the Teddy Pardo stuff? It's just odd that everyone finds that the TP stuff is way better. It might be I just would like to hear the contrary opinion.

I have to ask, is there anyone out here who firmly believes that their Naim gear just slaughtered the Teddy Pardo stuff? It's just odd that everyone finds that the TP stuff is way better. It might be I just would like to hear the contrary opinion.

It is indeed sometimes hard to believe given the polar opposite presentation here versus at the NAIM forum.

Naim verses Teddy can be openly discussed on this forum.
That is not the case with the Naim one.

This is true. I've tried! A post with the words "Teddy Pardo" gets automatically screened and usually disapproved by the admin. Now that is competition.

Right now there is even a "SuperNait2 Desire" thread going...

I'm a SN2 owner and based on my experience, it really is an improvement on the older SN1.

However, I'd be open to switching to the TP integrated if it really does sound better. Like the OP, I'd be interested in input from someone who has listened to both.

I would like to see the internal pic of i80a, pr1, st60.
neat harness and placement is directly related to quality. it also give us a idea of what is inside. since it has individual trans, it will be interesting to know they are shielded etc. from there, prospects can decide to go pre,power combo or integrated
no?

Pinkfishmedia=TeddyPardoForum

Some one said that the integrated amps are sold out....is this true...

I look forward to hear a review from somebody who has actually heard the I80a or I80d, and even better someone who has compared it to the Pr1.

And could someone please open the I80 and post some pictures...

This is true. I've tried! A post with the words "Teddy Pardo" gets automatically screened and usually disapproved by the admin. Now that is competition.

Right now there is even a "SuperNait2 Desire" thread going...
You've got to hand it to those Naim marketing guys.
Brilliant absolutely Brilliant.

You've got to hand it to those Naim marketing guys.
Brilliant absolutely Brilliant.

Brilliant? Actually, it's just common sense though not everyone seems to have it.

(For those who missed this in their formative years: you don't allow free advertising for competitors in your forum but you do allow/encourage positive posts about your products in your forum.)

I just heard from someone who bought an i80a to replace a Nac112/ Nap150 combo and he said (after only having it for 18 hours hours) it's 'a HUGE upgrade and a hi-end bargain'. Oh baby, I'm now salivating at the prospect of owning one myself :)

Windhoek - slight thread jack but did you sell your xs?

Not yet Mike; I've sold the other stuff (Flatcap XS, Dual Teddycap as well as the 72 I bought), but not the Nait XS. As Teddy doesn't expect to get any i80a amps in stock for another week or two, it'll probably be a few weeks before I'm ready to sell the XS - unless of course, someone makes me an offer I can't refuse ;)

advertisement

Back