advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

My simple but sweet sounding set up. Warm, detailed and balanced.

Rega p3/exact - Quad vena 2 - rasberry pi/digiboom - Ruark Sabre 3’s

Love the look of your system, not only that, there's no need to upgrade, you know you're getting great sq. :cool:

^^^^^^^^
Just looked again, even though your cabinet looks deep, I guess when you take into account room needed for cables at the back you're right. May I ask where you intend to place the amplifier, or is that an unknown at the moment.

^^^^^^^^
Just looked again, even though your cabinet looks deep, I guess when you take into account room needed for cables at the back you're right. May I ask where you intend to place the amplifier, or is that an unknown at the moment.

The Accuphase is now on my quadraspire rack, right at then bottom. You can see it in my picture. :)

I did see that, but I didn't know if that was a permanent position. I was thinking about speaker cables mainly, and the lengths required.

I will probably change the rack equipment ordering a bit when i get a chance. Been lazy and the Accuphase is so heavy...

While you're getting music there's no rush, giving plenty of time to see what comes on the market and what you like.

My little set up.

Source is a RPi4 running RopieeXL into a SMSL Su9 Dac. Two sets of amps - Naim 72/HC/140 and a Accuphase E-800. Speakers are Kudos 606s.

6-A49-D983-E9-CC-46-B3-8-C82-45-E5-DF49-EE3-C.jpg

That is one of the nicest, simplest setups I have seen here for a long time - absolutely lovely. How are you finding that SMSL DAC?

That is one of the nicest, simplest setups I have seen here for a long time - absolutely lovely. How are you finding that SMSL DAC?

Thank you.

I really like the SMSL Su9 Dac. Compared to the Chord Hugo TT which I had previously, to my ears the SMSL added a touch more warmth, which i really like, although the overall presentation is still very neutral.

Best part is proceeds from the sale of the Chord Hugo TT was able to fund the purchase of the SMSL Dac + the Naim amps, without losing anything on sound quality. Very happy with the trade.

Holy heck! I love this! Can I ask what is connected to the DAC? (is that a dac?)

I would also like to hear more about your rack.

It's a DAC - -Benchmark USB1. A USB cable is connected to it . I don't use it too often though.

PM me and I can send you the specs. It's just plywood and screws. Some pieces of plywood are doubled to make it sturdier. Works great -- the LP12 does not skip!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back