advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked out what was missing. Fixed.

51758717723_943e954bff_c.jpg
Nicely colour coordinated :)
How do they compare to the previous Tannoys?

Rather different. Loved the Tannoys, but think I’m going to really love these too.

Soundstage is tangible, and they’re very, very, detailed, but in a good way. I’ll need to listen to more than the three or four tracks I’ve managed so far to really get a feel for them.

I use Alnico 8s in my system fronted by an SME 20/2 and driven by Pass Labs pre and power amps (sometimes I use a lovely set of Rank Concept valve based monos). I've had my speakers since 2014 and haven't been tempted to upgrade. They'll respond positively to the best front end and/or amplification you throw at them. I've had no great wish to change or upgrade over the years, although I did have a pair of their biggest brothers here for a while. I expect you'll really enjoy these speakers. Belting value for money too.

New system in the Car

51759782950_4336e4e787_c.jpg

2008 Jaguar XType

I now have an up to date Sat Nav which is rather lovely

51759783035_3f11691e02_c.jpg

and CarPlay

51759782995_d2cdbdb148_c.jpg

it sounds rather good.

Though it was not without it’s problems and I do now have glove compartment full of cables, and little boxes with flashing lights.

I use Alnico 8s in my system fronted by an SME 20/2 and driven by Pass Labs pre and power amps (sometimes I use a lovely set of Rank Concept valve based monos). I've had my speakers since 2014 and haven't been tempted to upgrade. They'll respond positively to the best front end and/or amplification you throw at them. I've had no great wish to change or upgrade over the years, although I did have a pair of their biggest brothers here for a while. I expect you'll really enjoy these speakers. Belting value for money too.

My Bryston B135-3 and BDA2 are providing excellent input - currently simply fed by my Sonos Port.

In the new year I’ll get my Roksan Xerxes 20+ up and running. I’m having the MM/MC stage incorporated into the DX2. Looking forward to that.

New system in the Car

51759782950_4336e4e787_c.jpg

2008 Jaguar XType

I now have an up to date Sat Nav which is rather lovely

51759783035_3f11691e02_c.jpg

and CarPlay

51759782995_d2cdbdb148_c.jpg

it sounds rather good.

Though it was not without it’s problems and I do now have glove compartment full of cables, and little boxes with flashing lights.
Posh git! Is that nice burr wood detailing round the top?

Gromit: Sort Kones under bamboo platform? (under LP12) Good?

Beautiful pic btw!

I've tried more combinations under the LP12 than I can remember (I was getting a bit anal about it at one point - this had to stop!) :D I don't have a Trampolin fitted so the old girl's quite sensitive to what it's placed upon. The board is off my Audiotech table, then onto RDC cones. The rig sounds a tad bloated when sat directly on the Atacama's glass shelf. Spikes under the board are ok but the RDC's really seem to work. It's a compromise, of course, and obviously the best solution is to use the A'tech table but it's quite low (and I have a knee issue). Shame as we have solid concrete floors.

@Shane2468 - I'm still using the Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R. Had them 6 years now and no desire to change. :)

I had a bespoke solid steel copy of the sound organisation table made, but made it a bit taller to save my back.

After extensive research I use an 8mm aluminium top plate, and it sounds wonderful.

I'm using single mattress covers.
I've tried expensive scratch posts beside them but they don't work.
Perspex sheeting is also good for planars but not with the rear bracing pole.

My speakers and other stuff have been in storage for a year. Just configuring the amps before putting in the rack. Also cut the mains plugs off of four cables to fit into one four way mains plug with brass bus bars inside. Next job is to get the very heavy TT situated and levelled and finally swap the ART-9 cart for an ART-9xa in situ. Oh and the Melco sorted out (grrrr).

6V4HXop.jpg

That's some mess Dec. Congratulations :D

Is that Wilson Benesch speaker stands I see?

PS: that rug really ties the mess together.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back