advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure it is. I think my room is probably a much bigger limitation...

Trust me they’re cheap as chips for the improvement you get. And ignore the retail prices...a phone call will knock 30%-40% of those. I’d bet you any money that if you tried them you wouldn’t send them back.
Also once you decouple your speakers properly, they don’t excite the room as much , so effectively like treating the room too...

Trust me they’re cheap as chips for the improvement you get. And ignore the retail prices...a phone call will knock 30%-40% of those. I’d bet you any money that if you tried them you wouldn’t send them back.
Also once you decouple your speakers properly, they don’t excite the room as much , so effectively like treating the room too...
What he said, we've all got different rooms I know but I've used Townshend pods or podiums on last two sets of speakers over a 4 year period.
It's like looking through a set of binoculars and seeing a good image, tweaking the bezel brings the image further enhancements.

What he said, we've all got different rooms I know but I've used Townshend pods or podiums on last two sets of speakers over a 4 year period.
It's like looking through a set of binoculars and seeing a good image, tweaking the bezel brings the image further enhancements.

Perhaps it's just the mood I'm in, but this is fast becoming 'Innuendo Friday.'

Watching someone tweak their bezel through a set of binoculars can get one or more of the parties concerned into serious trouble.

You don't want to end up on a register (or the front page of the Daily Star).

Perhaps it's just the mood I'm in, but this is fast becoming 'Innuendo Friday.'

Watching someone tweak their bezel through a set of binoculars can get one or more of the parties concerned into serious trouble.

You don't want to end up on a register (or the front page of the Daily Star).
Exactly, good job I didn’t declare that on my most recent DBS application ;)

Interesting... A phone call to whom? I've looked at them before, but got myself rather confused about what they are and how they work. I assume they are some kind of damped coil spring?

Interesting... A phone call to whom? I've looked at them before, but got myself rather confused about what they are and how they work. I assume they are some kind of damped coil spring?
I contacted Townshend direct and this chap pinged me back with a serious discount, presumably they sell to the public via him.

John Hannant
Select-HiFi
0203 669 9985

I contacted Townshend direct and this chap pinged me back with a serious discount, presumably they sell to the public via him.

John Hannant
Select-HiFi
0203 669 9985
But how much - after discount - are we really talking about? A demo would be very much worthwhile but I'm not sure I want to waste anyone's time if the overall cost is just a bit too rich for me.... I've spent a shit ton on hifi over the past 12 months and I had rather intended to stop :)

But how much - after discount - are we really talking about? A demo would be very much worthwhile but I'm not sure I want to waste anyone's time if the overall cost is just a bit too rich for me.... I've spent a shit ton on hifi over the past 12 months and I had rather intended to stop :)
"Size 4, Retail = 2600 I can supply for 1450 includes shipping"
You were right about the space for a Luxman 590 to breathe they came back with

Rear space -20cm
Sides - 15cm
Top - 15cm

Yeh a good 40% and the pods are £325.
Also hi-fisound on EBay (Russ) will sort you out and you can always return. Although I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone return podiums.
My first dem was 802’s on podiums destroying 800’s on spikes sat beside them....

They work, whether the £ makes sense only you know. I heard them at a mates under 800D2, the exact pair I'd heard at the previous owners place sans podiums, also having heard them several times before, based on that I bought and am very happy with them, they absolutely do the ronseal thing..

Got them installed today. They were custom made to fit so a very tidy job...
Initially I was a touch disappointed as they weren’t the wow experience tgat I had with my first pair. They did improve things a lot but not as much as experience suggested.

The wow moment did then come....whenever I realised I’d forgotten to reconnect one of the treble units...:rolleyes:

Do you have to stand up to listen lol. But seriously does the tweeter aim downward or is the dispersion really wide.

Lol well the soundstage is definitely ‘realistic’ in size lol.
You can’t see the tweeters from that pic, they’re mounted in a gantry on top and to the rear of the speakers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back