advertisement

System Pics 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rega Brio with Elektrik Kat and Majik Smoke upgrades in my study :D:D:D
CKwnrzZ.jpg

Was the spent match used for lighting the bong?

I'm always a bit curious about supports. With my system basically done (in terms of the components I want) my hifi journey from here on should only be mild tweakery and setup. But I have my Ardens sitting on their feet onto the carpet and that seems like an easy win, but I baulk at the cost of some of the posh feet that people are pushing. The other thing (unquestionably) is room treatment, but I don't have a dedicated room and most room treatments are pretty ugly or at least not pretty (at best).

Can I request pictures of anyone who has properly attractive room treatments, especially in a period-type room? I know that's a big ask. I just want to see what works, aesthetically....

I've been using a pair of size 4 Townshend Podiums until recently, only released due to a change of speaker size. Under 9 months old, have worked brilliantly under a pair of Legacy Ardens. I will put up a classified shortly but if anyone here, already focussed on Podiums, wants to know more please PM. I'm sold on these things, had pods previously.
Cheers Steve

I’ve been on a bit of a Townshend journey recently. Replacing equipment cones/sorbothane etc. with Townsends pods, one at a time (now I have 6 sets). Each set of pods made a substantial difference over the cones etc. Removing the pods on my power amp just made the sound messy and disorganised. They’re so good id recommend trying them (you can send them back) before changing equipment.

I’ve been on a bit of a Townshend journey recently. Replacing equipment cones/sorbothane etc. with Townsends pods, one at a time (now I have 6 sets). Each set of pods made a substantial difference over the cones etc. Removing the pods on my power amp just made the sound messy and disorganised. They’re so good id recommend trying them (you can send them back) before changing equipment.
It’s funny you should say that regarding Sorbothane etc as I decided to elevate my rack to bring t/t to eye level using a non Hifi but substantial table about 50cm high on which to place my rack. I used 16x 50mm Sorbothane mounds spaced out between the support table (conveniently with metal legs where I replaced the feet with spikes) and a nice piece of hardwood upon which the stand sits. Perfect, really solid with only a micronth of movement sensed, Turntable resplendent on top with heavy pieces on the way up.
Works a treat.

I wouldn't mind trying the Townshend solutions but they are helluva pricy.

Now... can we have more room treatment pics, please?

I wouldn't mind trying the Townshend solutions but they are helluva pricy.

Now... can we have more room treatment pics, please?
Townshend doesn’t seem pricey based on what you spent on your amp and speakers especially given the potential improvements. I spent more on my stands, platforms and roller bearings than the speakers. Well worth it when that is the limiting factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back