advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roughly four years since I posted a system pic (or anything else). Suppose it’s time. Nottingham Horizon SE with full OL-modded arm/AT-120E (VM-95ML awaiting installation), JVC AX-Z911, RPi for streaming, Magnum Dynalab FT-101, Nakamichi RX-505, Sony MDS-JB930, Snell Type E II. Suits my needs. (Sorry for crappy pics; I’ve not gotten any better at photography in the interim.)
F32U9j.md.jpg

System aside (which I’m sure sounds fantastic), your home looks fabulous. What an amazing room to relax and listen to music in..!

Roughly four years since I posted a system pic (or anything else). Suppose it’s time. Nottingham Horizon SE with full OL-modded arm/AT-120E (VM-95ML awaiting installation), JVC AX-Z911, RPi for streaming, Magnum Dynalab FT-101, Nakamichi RX-505, Sony MDS-JB930, Snell Type E II. Suits my needs. (Sorry for crappy pics; I’ve not gotten any better at photography in the interim.)
F32U9j.md.jpg

F32gAx.jpg

F3288b.jpg
Where have you been? :)

Thanks guys. My wife was trying out locations for the Christmas tree earlier today (won't be setting it up yet, though) and she used her fancy phone to accomplish some magical wide-angle voodoo.
F37tUb.md.jpg

The image is a bit warped, but it's a better view of the space where the system and my desk sit. The chair that's crowding the speaker gets slid out of the way for "serious" listening. We've only been in this home since March, so there's still much work to be done (some interior painting needed, clearly) but it is nice to have finally found our forever spot.

@TheDecameron - Roughly 4 years ago, an (in my opinion) unfortunate political event transpired here in the US (perhaps you heard about it). ;-) I've been trying to make myself useful since then, doing whatever little I could to mitigate that.

Last edited:
Never posted my system here before so here goes. Naim nac202, nap200, napsc, hicap2, stageline, bluesound vault 2i, technics sl1200gr, at95, neat momentum sx3i and nakamichi dr3. Also rel t7 sub and musical fidelity headphones not in sighthttps://www.flickr.com/photos/190954738@N05/shares/a8S138

technarchy, there’s lots of comments on here about the bluesound node 2i but no one has mentioned the vault 2i. I’m guessing it sounds the same as the node 2i but do you find it to use in terms of ripping discs, track and album searching?

technarchy, there’s lots of comments on here about the bluesound node 2i but no one has mentioned the vault 2i. I’m guessing it sounds the same as the node 2i but do you find it to use in terms of ripping discs, track and album searching?
I personally think it is brilliant and does all I need it to. Rips to flak/wav/mp3, finds most of the metadata (apart from some 90s rave stuff) app is fantastic. It was bought for the simplicity after a good demo at 7oaks, sounds fantastic to my cloth ears, streams out to various speakers around the house and swmbo can operate with ease! It is easily my best purchase in years. Also I use Apple Music as its free with my phone via AirPlay as well as Mixcloud, soundcloud etc.

Thanks technarchy. What happens about backups with these units, is it an easy process? I would hate for the storage part to fail and have to reload all my cd library!

How are you finding the Marantz t/t and which amp do you use?
Im smitten by it, very clean, slightly dry sounding, and I love the look of a Clearaudio........sorry I mean Marantz!! lol.
It comes with a good arm (also Clearaudio) and I fitted my AT 440 MLb onto it. I use a Musical Fidelity M1 Phono and Quad Vena (V1) amp.

What a great looking deck, never seen one before. Got to question why the base isn’t bigger to allow a record to be played with the lid shut though!( if there is a lid of course).

No lid for this, or any Clearaudio TT I can think of. I use the Michell unicover.

Ah, so it’s a Marantz badged Clear Audio deck? I thought Marantz had made an attractive copy of the Mcintosh turntable!

Yeh exactly Clearaudio built Marantz. I’m not really sure how much input Marantz had in it regarding spec, look, design etc but to me they left it all to CA.

By the photos I am surprised that so many people have near field listening no matter how extensive their systems are or how big the speakers are, is it maybe to do with limited space of an English living room? I like the look of Scansonic speakers which prefer to be placed wide apart, implying one does not have to sit so near the speakers and sitting further back one gets a lovely soundstage...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back