advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing it to the Primare I use in my bedroom system (where the DNA-45 previously was) it's night and day from an ergonomic perspective and while the DNA-45 sounds good it's not good enough (and certainly no better than the Primare) it's not good enough to make up for the other issues. Ok the system might be better it it was possible to get the amp repaired, but that'd be a marginal improvement.

That's the Audiolab 8000S installed to replace the Onix DNA-45 now. From a useability perspective it's night and day - not only does the Audiolab remote work well (including being easy to set the required volume level and going straight to the source you want) but the remote also works the Musical Fidelity transport. Ok the remote isn't as pretty as the Onix one but in practice useability trumps that for me at least. Not only that but after an initial couple of hours listening (CD and vinyl) then I think it sounds better as well - although that might be because the Onix wasn't a great match with the Triangle speakers in that system.

I will try and get a picture of Ludo enjoying listening to the updated set-up!

It ain't funny - believe me! (according ro my wife -and I tend to agree)

maybe take pics in next couple of days...

My newly aquired s/h SL1500C, 5mm Achromat, Jelco headshell, AT33PTG/11.

ITXXdFp.jpg

dcKsCb3.jpg

There have been some wholesale changes in my set up. I needed to free up a bit of cash for something (which never happened!) and also got sucked back into the vinyl game, so the EWAs were sold and the SL10 made way for an SP10.

Technics SL1000 Mk2
Audio Note IQ3
Arkless Turbo
Xiang Sheng(?) Dac
Rothwell Indus
Radford STA25
Tannoy Cheviot

My hifi has never sounded better. I need to step away from things for a while to finish my racing car by the spring, so i am stoked that things are sounding so well. I dreaded selling the EWAs, but i think the radford sounds better at lower volume, which is where i do 75% of my listening at the moment.

Untitled by Richard Howard, on Flickr

Untitled
by Richard Howard, on Flickr

Roughly four years since I posted a system pic (or anything else). Suppose it’s time. Nottingham Horizon SE with full OL-modded arm/AT-120E (VM-95ML awaiting installation), JVC AX-Z911, RPi for streaming, Magnum Dynalab FT-101, Nakamichi RX-505, Sony MDS-JB930, Snell Type E II. Suits my needs. (Sorry for crappy pics; I’ve not gotten any better at photography in the interim.)
F32U9j.md.jpg

F32gAx.jpg

F3288b.jpg

There have been some wholesale changes in my set up. I needed to free up a bit of cash for something (which never happened!) and also got sucked back into the vinyl game, so the EWAs were sold and the SL10 made way for an SP10.

Technics SL1000 Mk2
Audio Note IQ3
Arkless Turbo
Xiang Sheng(?) Dac
Rothwell Indus
Radford STA25
Tannoy Cheviot

I'd like to think my lowly SL1500C has a little of the DNA of the mighty SL1000mk2
My Techie into Luxman L550A11 and out to 1974 Cheviots

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back