advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
fantastic speakers!

The MC Audio RL21 is reported to be in the same class as the KEF Reference 1 and BMW 805D standmounts. I can't comment about that having never owned either, but it's certainly in a different class to all the Shahinians I've had and love (I still have a Larc). VFM is off-scale at the kind of prices you and I bought at (I bought 2 pairs , one new pair which blew my socks off and other ex-dem.....the latter I actually paid much more for as I was desperate to get it, and it was in the silver/tourmaline finish I wanted).

vVIyybx.jpg

We're enjoying some good tunes courtesy of Steve Winwood.

The MC Audio RL21 is reported to be in the same class as the KEF Reference 1 and BMW 805D standmounts. I can't comment about that having never owned either, but it's certainly in a different class to all the Shahinians I've had and love (I still have a Larc). VFM is off-scale at the kind of prices you and I bought at (I bought 2 pairs , one new pair which blew my socks off and other ex-dem.....the latter I actually paid much more for as I was desperate to get it, and it was in the silver/tourmaline finish I wanted).
Yes, quite an exceptional speaker...i believe the designer of mbl has/had some connection with them.

The only review i have seen is from soundstage...and quite an honest one without any 'trumpets' being blown. For me ,their transparency is quite something.
Like you've said, the value for money is amazing...especially 2nd hand. Also it's quite refreshing to have a company make only 1 standmount version and 1 floorstanding version than the usual umpteen models...makes your choice simple. I don't know much about electronics and might sound contradictory but i feel they are superbly engineered, so if not for your input i'd never have made the purchase, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back