Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

System Pics 2020

Discussion in 'audio' started by Cereal Killer, Dec 30, 2019.

1. monty

monty pfm Member

2. Bangaio

Bangaio pfm Member

Thats a lovely set up. How is the little rel sub? I’ve been looking at these as I could do with some deeper bass to add to some concept 20s I have set up.

3. fegs

fegs pfm Member

I'm liking the current trend of minimalist systems atop quality furniture, I've done this myself and prefer it to the sprawl of wires and boxes, apologies to anyone with a sprawl of wires and boxes, but you know what I mean ;)

4. joe9407

joe9407 actress/activist

@Tony L -- is Imgur no longer compatible with PFM? i'm having trouble posting images from there using BBCode links.

5. garyi

garyi leave blank

Heres my naim HDX mash up. points if you can spot the reused parts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

I’m really impressed with it. It seems to kinda fill the room. Adds quite a lot of warmth and all round niceness

7. fegs

fegs pfm Member

8. Bangaio

Bangaio pfm Member

sounds like it’s would be exactly what I’m looking for. Many thanks.

9. ks.234

ks.234 pfm Member

If you have the space and a few more quids, a larger Rel or Dias might give better sq. However, in my small room, the t zero is perfect and to my ears stands up well against the T7 I have in my main system

10. Tim Jones

Tim Jones pfm Member

Wharfedale DIntons? Quite interested in those - how are they?

11. fegs

fegs pfm Member

Yes they are (Lintons but I'm sure that's a typo)

I'm very happy with them, to be fair they're amongst the most expensive speakers I've owned so being honest I haven't got an awful lot to compare them to.

They play the stuff I listen to very well, I'm a big fan of punk, post-punk, and alternative rock type stuff (Nirvana, Pixies, Sonic Youth etc) , along with electronic music such as Kraftwerk, OMD, New Order.

I do like my music at reasonable volume levels and these fit the bill perfectly, I don't do Jazz or Classical type stuff so can't comment, there was someone on here posting how good piano recordings sounded through them, might be worth a search?

Build quality is very good and I love the retro styling

claire.foxx likes this.
  12. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

There's gotta be a story behind that!

13. wylton

wylton Naim and Mana member

Yes, some more info would be good!

14. garyi

garyi leave blank

It was a busted HDX and an acknowledgment from me that its old tech running embedded windows XP and I did not feel worth repairing, but I do love the case, and here we were in lock down and I was bored so got the angle grinder out. To be fair it was a very expensive case :)

The innards are actually from a streamer I purchased here from someone, so its a nice set up. The USB card there is a few quid and is powered itself by a separate linear supply.

It turned into a project in the end because the back plate was not right, so I landed up with a L section of thick aluminium that I bolted to the original case work.

CD player rips to the network, not that I have handled a CD in like 5 years. The main board is running the excellent Daphile, which is controlled by roon. The raspberry pi bottom right is running ropieee with the only purpose being touchscreen controls and cover art.

jimbot2.0, Nero, Amber Audio and 2 others like this.
  15. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Impressed, nice that you got the touchscreen working.

16. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

would like to see that described in the DIY section. Would be fun to see what happens if you send it back for service :)

Amber Audio likes this.
  17. garyi

garyi leave blank

Alas the original screen is a complicated set up as it appears to run via ethernet. So its a raspberry pi screen. The donation ware ropieee software is amazing in this implementation.

18. SteveG

SteveG pfm Member

It's been less than a week but already the DNA-45 has already pissed me off enough that I've ordered something to replace it with! That's longer than it's lasted in any of the other systems I've tried it in though but once again it's not the sound quality that's the issue - it's the ergonomics that I can't live with.

19. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Which part? The broken remote? The no power switch on the front? Not being able to tell what source or volume it is set to from a distance?

20. Amber Audio

Amber Audio This is the Day

Sad state of affairs the Onix debacle, feel for all the guys caught up in it out of pocket, nearly plumped for one myself but backed out at the last minute.

Tried a MF Amp to match your M1 kit? I'm a bit OCD and would have matching MF Amp and Phono in there.

Darren likes this.