advertisement

System Pics 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a recent house move (I apologise for the mess) here is my temporary setup

20200927-111121.jpg

Nait2, UQ2, Qutest and Allaes.

The tweeters are mirrored. They are setup so that they are on the inside of the speakers.

Good call. I have a pair of Devore Gibbon 8s that are marked "L and R", indicating that they're meant to be used with the tweeters on the outside. On the advice of Peter at Cymbiosis, who said that in his estimation, speakers so configured always sound better with the tweeters on the inside, we switched them 'round... and the difference for the better was not subtle at all. One of the biggest positive changes I've ever made to my system! I encourage folks with mirrored tweeters to try this and see what you think.

Look what just arrived in the post from Switzerland:

KY4T3N6.jpg

Nagra PL-P valve preamplifier with SUT and phono stage, transformer-coupled headphone amp and separate battery charger power supply. I had one between 2008 and 2012, and it’s my favourite piece of hi-fi of all time.

It’s been an agonising wait having it shipped from Switzerland and then the eye-watering customs charges were pretty shocking too. But it seems to have arrived safely and is practically mint even though it’s 20 years old. I’m delighted. Going to try it with the Sugden A21p power amp and Falcon LS3/5a first.

Last edited:
I think the look of your kit on the sideboard rather than a dedicated Hi-Fi rack looks so much neater and modern. I am tempted to explore the option for my lounge too. Anyway love the look of the Allees in that space.
Surprised to find myself completely agreeing with this.

Look what just arrived in the post from Switzerland:

KY4T3N6.jpg

Nagra PL-P valve preamplifier with SUT and phono stage, transformer-coupled headphone amp and separate battery charger power supply. I had one between 2008 and 2012, and it’s my favourite piece of hi-fi of all time.

It’s been an agonising wait having it shipped from Switzerland and then the eye-watering customers charges we’re pretty shocking too. But it seems to have arrived safely and is practically mint even though it’s 20 years old. I’m delighted. Going to try it with the Sugden A1p power amp and Falcon LS3/5a first.
Gut-wrenchingly lovely. I'd love to have one of those! Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back