advertisement

System pics 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always admired there timelessness. The DNA 1 is a slick bit of kit, both physically and in performance. SOO much power and control. Like nothing else. Think I've found my maker. :)
Heard them before but never had the opportunity to own, till now.

Shame there UK position withered when Wilson Benesch lost the UK distribution.

So many awards ( including the DNA 1 ) http://en.audionet.de/awards/#image-340

Last edited:
They sounds amazing, the best they’ve ever sounded with the DNA 1 amp. I have new speakers arriving in a few weeks, some that I’ve designed and am having built, can’t realy keep two sets due to storage restrictions. Otherwise Id be keeping them, yes.

They sounds amazing, the best they’ve ever sounded with the DNA 1 amp. I have new speakers arriving in a few weeks, some that I’ve designed and am having built, can’t realy keep two sets due to storage restrictions. Otherwise Id be keeping them, yes.
id love to know more about the new speakers!

Its from made.com. a colour combo that's not available as one of the doors was damaged in transit so they replaced it with a colour of my choice. I removed the backing board where the amp is and added a middle leg.

Yeah the 220 Pro went recently (for reasons best mentioned in a PM... basically it has gone back to Devialet, and won't be returning)

The DNA 1 is in a totally different league. Makes the 220 sound broken, which it truly was... ;)

My new speakers should be ready in a few weeks too.!

Looks nice mate, Audionet amps please tell us more.

Here's the living room system. Teac H500i integrated amp, Technics SL-7 TT with an Audio Technica cart, cheap DVD player also used as a CD player, Tannoy Chatsworths. This is a non-audiophool system that my wife and 5 year old use too. I bought the little Technics deck when my daughter was born so I would have something to play vinyl on that was discreet enough that little fingers wouldn't be able to damage it. Now she's old enough to play records on it herself, which is as it should be. This is a great sounding system, because Tannoys just rock. I miss my big Lancasters, especially in this huge room, but the Chatsworths are still pretty awesome. One day I'll have some Westminsters in this room, it's just a matter of time and money.

sys.jpg

Some of the records (we've only recently moved in, and not everything is unpacked and sorted yet).

records.jpg

In my office/darkroom I can indulge less user-friendly hifi tendencies. Rotel RP-3000/Ortofon SPU #1E, and the 47 Labs setup I've been running now for 13 years or so - Shigaraki CD transport and DAC, Gaincard, Phonocube (absolutely brilliant with the SPU, the best vinyl sound I have ever had at home). Tuner is a Leak Stereofetic, a lovely thing which gets a good signal from a bit of string. Sometimes I swap the amps for a Quad 34/306 setup, or a Leak Stereo 30 Plus, but the 47 Labs is my first love, it makes me smile every time I use it. I wouldn't mind getting hold of another Leak Stereo 20 one day though, I sold my last one a few years back and regret it, even though I made a lot of money on it.

sys2.jpg

tt.jpg

Speakers are my homemade Ted Jordan VTLs, commercially sold as the Konus Essence. Again, I've been using these for 13 years. They're perfect for this setup.

speaker.jpg

Here's the thread about building them: https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/new-speakers-for-sideshowbob-the-easy-way.13307/

Love the discreteness. Hidden cables. Is there covering at the bottom of the rack to cover the mains plugs and stuff? Are the speaker cables hidden in the skirting?

Yes, speaker cables are mounted inside plastic skirting made by Talon. The rack is a standard quadraspire one that i made panels for the sides and back to neaten it up. The box at the bottom is just 3 sided so that it hides a mains strip and PSU for the dino and headphone amp

What's the (DAC I presume) under the Nait?

Well, I had a unique situation where I had a Naim sleeve and then I wound up with a damaged Beresford 7510 DAC (buttons pushed in and broken in transit). I decided to take it all apart, fix the buttons, and fit it into the sleeve.

I think I'll start a thread with photos and info since it was pretty entertaining to work on. I won't be able to leave it alone, and next I think I'll replace the selector buttons with a CB style rotary knob. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back