Status
Not open for further replies.
Systems looking great ,Gary
Those elrogs must be the icing on the cake mate

Heh,
here goes:
kit%20linksa_zpshfdaslwu.jpg

AMPS
- Custom UK build 300B SET with Elrog 300B power valves/TungSol drivers.
-Densen DM20 Preamp (recapped and re-transformered)

VINYL
- Michell "Gorbe" turntable / SME V / Dynavector XX2 Mk2
- HR PSU upgrade for deck.
- Firebottle valve output phonostage

DIGITAL
- Logitech Transporter
- M2TEch Young Dac+linear PSU
- Oppo 103D Bluray
- Selfbuilt PC based music server

SPEAKERS
- Custom UK built "Edingdale" speakers
- Series-parallel wired 2-way config/ribbon tweeter/94 Db efficient

The speakers were developed specifically with the amp builders 300B SETs in mind, so synergy is fantastic.
8 SET watts into 94Db impedance matched speakers.

The valves are something else, only about 30 hours on them and they have transformed the amp over the EH Gold Grids I had in before.

The valve "magic" is there, wont ever go back to solid state amps again. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I think I made those badges on your power amp and music server? Looking good - I've never seen them fitted before :).

I see you're using a linear ps with your M2 DAC I've thought about it, are there major differences? And which ps are you using?

All change at Tibbsville. Trying out another room, this one much smaller at 3m x 4m, but already (after I'd got the Gales in the right spot) starting to sound very promising. Late night sessions with the volume right down are much better than before, with a good solid image and presence still there despite the low SPL. Kicking it out loud this morning with some Keith though. Redecoration, new racks etc still to come.

31068879884_334736032c_c.jpg

Mr Tibbs

I thought that those gales look beautiful and unusual - i had never seen any before so a little googling took me back to your build thread mr t. Amazing stuff!

Lover your Luxman (and dog) :)

That is quite a change in speakers. How do you get on with the little Cambridge's?

The Aero 2 are very different. The BMR creates a very wide stereo image whch is the exact opposite to the dual concentric Tannoys. The blurb written about the BMR says they extend down to 250hz. This makes them very transparent for vocals. Bass doesn't match the 12" HPD driver of the Tannoy, but what I miss in bass output is more than made up for elsewhere. There's enough bass and together with the wide dispersion of the BMR they create good scale in a medium size room 7m x 6m with 3m ceilings. They are far better than the last standmounts I had here 10 years before which were B&W 805s.

Speakers in this room have been ProAc Tablette 50, B&W 805s, Naim Allae, Tannoy Cheviots, Q Accoutics 3020 (demo only), Aeromax 2 (demo only) and Aero 6 (demo only). Surprisingly I didn't get on with the Aero 6. I would be interested if a pair of Aeromax 2 came up for sale s/h.

No changes anticipated next year.

Sansui TU9900
Weiss DAC 202 / Mac Mini with Amarra and Dirac IRC
Lavardin IT-15
Art Emotion Signatures

31829932882_7242b1092d_z.jpg

31977961335_e56c82a2d2_z.jpg

Since I am fairly new here, here are the first pictures of my current system.The change this year was going from B&W 705 and Roksan Caspian M2 amp to Neumann KH 310A monitors.

Mytek 192 DSD Dac
Neumann KH 310A monitors
B&W FS700 speaker stands

I know this is modest by your standards, but for me it's been an enormous pleasure.... and yes, I know the room acoustics are not great at all, but since it's a rented apartment there is nothing I can do, in 2-3 months things will be different.

Disclaimer: Terrible pics following...

g2brnAX.jpg

6oAZwtI.jpg

D0rRrfq.jpg

And when the wife is not home, this is how it looks like...

Pz69Nkw.jpg

I thought that those gales look beautiful and unusual - i had never seen any before so a little googling took me back to your build thread mr t. Amazing stuff!

Thanks Bangaio!

Lights low, glass of single malt to hand, John Lee Hooker in the room with me. Not much to complain about really ;)

31871368781_84f9115688_c.jpg

Mr Tibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back