advertisement

System pics 2014 part II

Bluesound Node has now proven itself to be reliable and just breaking in a new Benz Micro Ace cartridge but not sure if it is better than the ZYX R50 it replaced yet :confused:

zsk5.jpg

Great looking room and a lovely system.

I'm liking the movie posters - Blade Runner and 2001, respect!

Can you share where you got the posters?

Posters were just A2 ones off ebay, 100s of places selling them. Frames are the £12 jobbies from Ikea.
There is also one of the original 2001 Promotional Lenticular 3D postcards from 1968 on the far left.

It'd be rude not to post a pic after all the help and advice I'm getting from the guys on here about putting a system together now I'm back into the world of hifi. So here's what I'm up to and some of the kit I'm playing with.
Nothing set up properly yet and still mixing and matching.
Not a patch on some of the equipment already posted in this thread though..........it makes you feel poor seeing some of the incredible gear on here:D

Anyhow Black v Olive went back to back yesterday in a mini shoot out.

P1010087_zps1b2664b0.jpg

Lugging various speakers around the house had SWMBO rolling her eyes and muttering obscenities :D

P1010079_zps4d30304e.jpg

However and I probably will get a kicking for this. But here is a daft little system I put together in the dining room yesterday........probably the cheapest system ever seen on these pages. The speakers were picked up as an impulse buy in a Charity shop last week for £15........as I say so cheap and naff it's silly.
However it sounded nice. So I gave it some proper speaker cables and rigged it up with Chord inter connects. Played a 22 quid Behringer through it via a truly old laptop with a few FLAC files on it...............and I swear to you, it would fool a lot of people in a blind test..so sweet, natural and precise at sensible volume levels.
In all honesty that hurt a bit:D
All interesting stuff though for a revitalised hifi-ist like me!!

P1010098_zps45c2a3dd.jpg

Tiz very nice. Does the job. Enjoying music again, yes.

Certainly neat, there's nothing else to it! Each bass unit has 4x8" drivers, the heads have a 6" mid and 1" HF unit in them. Both have 24/96 digital input and preamps. The only other part to the system is the MC200 Sooloos digital server which outputs SPDIF to the DSPs.

Nice Clones Yuri, which monos are those, the 50 or 25 wpc? I had thought about trying those along with some single-driver speakers from Omega/Hoyt-Bedford, but holding back for now.

What speakers are you driving with these?

advertisement

Back