advertisement

System pics 2014 part II

New amps

2nk2u81.jpg

e2adydet.jpg

Office desktop speakers: Genius Slab SW-flat2.1 700.

Had these for a few years. Speaker connections getting dodgy but nice to have some open baffles around even if a low rent curiosity (£30). The satellites are NXT panels and the "woofer" appears to be a dynamic driver, each has its own amp channel albeit tiny.

No bass to speak of ... I use EQ when using this.

Some nice systems on here guys. Here is mine, although currently thinking of selling to fund a new bike. Question is, will I be filled with regret once she's gone...?!

01378813-D02F-4AC0-8DDF-6520234C46A2_zpsqghiwn7p.jpg

Naim03-1.jpg

Nah, I wouldn't sell that! It's too young to be a classic, and to old to be hyped, so your loss will be maximized. But I hate bikes, so there you go.

A venerable and vintage system, all a bit like me.
Kit serviced as and when and used most days.

home0066_1_zpse52eb6b1.jpg

awesome. pure. simple. brilliant.

I've owned all of those elements (though Nait 2 rather than Nait 1, and T40 rather than 3140), just never all at the same time!

all brilliant in their own right, but superb as a team. Well done!

My current set up, only thing missing is Thales Simplicity tonearm which is back in Switzerland having an upgrade.

4smble.jpg
[/IMG]

21deern.jpg
[/IMG]

Wow Auric,

What a wonderful, classic Flat-Earth system you have there! :)

You don't see many of those coming up anymore these days.
I like the simplicity, and apart from the LP12 I also had a Nait 1 (and several 2's) SO table, Royd's, Linn Kan's.

Even today, more than 2 decades later such a 'modest' system can, and probably will, show many modern, 'high-end' systems what music is all about. :cool:

Looking at such pics often makes me regret having sold my beloved shoebox Nait's.

Enjoy!

regards,
Alco

Alco, your photographic skills turned your collection of Nait shoeboxes into working works of art.
Thanks for the kind words Auric. Personally I'd call it a bit of luck, rather than 'photographic skills'. ;)

Recently a bloke living just a few minutes driving from me offered a Nait one, some Royd (I think A7's) speakers and Linn Basik TT for the ridiculous give away price of only 100,- euro's, on a populair Dutch auction site! (too bad I discovered it a bit too late as the price has gone up considerably)

Bluesound Node has now proven itself to be reliable and just breaking in a new Benz Micro Ace cartridge but not sure if it is better than the ZYX R50 it replaced yet :confused:

zsk5.jpg

advertisement

Back