advertisement

System pics 2014 part II

2014-06-15153017_zps743f3f47.jpg

2014-06-15135916_zps5a26fd17.jpg

2014-06-15140000_zps5df3328a.jpg

Very nice. Can I take not-very-well-educated-guess at the bits? Sony PSX-950 (or something) DD TT, very well thought of, think Gromit has one. Pioneer SA-9500 amp? Audio Note DAC Zero, not sure what's serving it. Proac Response 2s on Target R1 stands. And of course that fantastic Akai 77.

Did I get any of that right?

Added a slightly better pic. Currently deliberating the best option for the TT which is slightly too deep for the marble slabs (currently employed for PSs by the sides). Might stick a length of MDF, painted black, along the back of them?

Very nice. Can I take not-very-well-educated-guess at the bits? Sony PSX-950 (or something) DD TT, very well thought of, think Gromit has one. Pioneer SA-9500 amp? Audio Note DAC Zero, not sure what's serving it. Proac Response 2s on Target R1 stands. And of course that fantastic Akai 77.

Did I get any of that right?

Not too far away :D

You're right in that the tt is a DD Sony. It's a PS-6750 with a DV20XH cartridge. The amp is a Kenwood Model 500. The dac is an AN Dac One.1x sig. You were nearly spot on with the speakers and stands but these are Response Two S and not the original Response 2. The Akai is still in the waiting room. I'm not sure if I am keeping it. It's a lovely thing though.

Nice system, but get those bad boy ProAc's on R2 stands- it makes a hell of a difference, great loudspeakers.

Thanks. I have been on the lookout for a pair of R2 stands but none have come up within striking distance of Edinburgh.

Same here for my Proac 1sc but they are like rocking horse poo. Did find some partington heavies on eBay but got the end time wrong and missed them :(

The system
bild

The speakers: Audiovector Mi3 Signature
mi3av4.jpg

bild

The Amplifier: Rotel RMB1095
bild

bild

The PrePro: Rotel RSP1068
bild

bild

The DAC: Audiolab M-DAC