advertisement

Star Trek: Original Series • Discovery • Picard • Lower Decks • Prodigy • Strange New Worlds

Nimoy-Leonard-Album-A-900x900.JPG

When I was at university, Leonard Nimoy gave a public lecture. A friend brought along his copy of the above album, and got Nimoy to sign it.

Yank,

Oooooooooooooo. If I could show emotion I'd be jealous.

Joe

I'm a Trek fan, so please don't excommunicate me, but what strikes me from so many of the still shots of episodes, on this thread, is that this is just a bunch of people playing dress-up and pretend.

And for the joyless curmudgeons who can't reassemble a whole episode in your mind from one still, don't worry it'll all be over soon. We're at Season 3 Episode 11, out of 24.

elaanoftroyiuselaanbeamupr.jpg

Some of the most ridiculous low-budget costumes of the whole series:

Picture-318.png

But otherwise a pretty good episode, as good as Season 3 gets.

Yank,

The the Dohlman of Elas eats like a peeeeeeeeeeeeeg!

Joe

Yank,

The the Dohlman of Elas eats like a peeeeeeeeeeeeeg!

Joe

Yes, her table manners are lacking.

I find it consistently amusing what 1960s TV creators though people would be wearing in the 23rd Century. Much of it would pass for fetish-wear.

Come to think of it, it wasn't just the '60s either. This problem persisted with TNG and subsequent Trek series. One of my favorites is Daniels' odd outfit from the 33rd Century:

7wKYAWG.jpg

Yank,

That wardrobes in the episode were a bit out there, even for 1960s / 2260s Trek.

Producer: What do we have on hand?
Costume designer: Just a couple of orange mud flaps from a Plymouth Barracuda.
Producer: OK, see what you can do.

Joe

Don,

In a similar vein, whenever my wife and I drive past Milton, Ontario, I do my best imitation of Khan as I say to her, "Have you ever read Meeeeel-ton, Captain?"

Never grows stale.

Joe

advertisement

Back