advertisement

Squeezebox Touch £134.99 at Amazon UK

Basil, you need a Dac to fully appreciate the attributes of streaming, so that more can be revealed through your Harbeths. Whats the phrase, ruin a barrel for the want of a happorth of tar.
A Dac like the spare Dacmagic and maplins power supply that I have even!

rofl,

Subtle...

How much?

And would a home dem be possible?

Here is what a guy who purchased my JK Hiface says on another forum.
Synology NAS Server > Samsung laptop (wired LAN) > Jriver Media Centre software (or Jplay from time to time) > Jkenny Hiface > OPUS 21 Dig In
Controlled by JRemote on the Ipad.
Tried Plugplay, splashscreen etc. but Jremote does it for me.. V similar to the squeezebox ipad interface.. but better and way faster.

Had a Touch, but the constant searching and disconnects made it too challenging for me. In addition, and more importantly, the laptop +JKenny sounds way, way better (to me) than the touch ever did.
And I modded the touch with the soundchecks touch toolbox (which I thought did make a difference??)
Anyway, in back to back comparisons, the PC + Jkenny Hiface, destroyed the touch IMHO. Where? Bass!

Afraid not, SE London...

You are in SE London Basil? I'm not sure where this thread has being going of late, but regarding the DAC on Touch question, I could potentially pop round and give you a Dac demo at some point if you're interested. It would be an Audio Synthesis DAX. I'll try it on my Touch first when I get the Dac back from repair.
(oh and just to clarify, this isn't something I'm selling)

Quick update on the Touch.

It works perfectly with my 1tb HD! The initial scan takes a while to get through the 500gb of music files, about an hour, but once done it works just as well as when connected to the PC... it does need to re-scan when re-connected but this only takes a few minutes as it creates a small file on the USB drive, obviously adding new stuff will increase the scan time, but as a portable music carrier*, the Touch rocks!

Edit*

One of the many 2.1 computer speaker systems will work perfectly as the touch has a headphone/line level output on the back!

advertisement

Back