advertisement

Sound quality of different electricity providers using tunemethod.

Is anyone marketing audiophile mains cable? If not that’s a prime opportunity right there.
Well, I've just made one. 8 gauge silver plated copper in Teflon, double insulated, plaited, braid covered, MK silver plated Toughplug, Bussmans 10A fuse, Gaofei copper IEC plug. It's so stiff it will lift your amp off the shelf! 😎
I had it all lying around so I thought, why not? Just got to find some way of using it now. 😁

Well, I've just made one. 8 gauge silver plated copper in Teflon, double insulated, plaited, braid covered, MK silver plated Toughplug, Bussmans 10A fuse, Gaofei copper IEC plug. It's so stiff it will lift your amp off the shelf! 😎
I had it all lying around so I thought, why not? Just got to find some way of using it now. 😁
kettle

Russ Andrews used to, and maybe still does, sell their twisted version for hifi mains installations. It may well be the same stuff as in their leads. I was slightly tempted 2 decades ago then saw the price and how much I'd need. Good ol' T & E is fine; 4, 6 or 10mm2 depending on requirements (2.5 mm2 much too thin for radials i.m.o., though this is what I used in the eighties and again in the nineties.

A single run of 2.5mm t&e Mike is adequate for a washing machine, dishwasher or immersion heater 🙂

This must be the best post ever on here. I hope the OP wasn’t serious! On a different note, living next to a substation won’t necessarily give you a direct connection to the transformer (via the usual fuses inside etc) as I live next to one and my feed doesn’t come direct from the substation, but via a splice at the street light outside which feeds my house, next door and then goes onto about another 50 houses according to National Grid. I found this out when the splice developed a fault. You have no control on what the installers have done!

You still have an electricity supplier? That's soooo old skool...

...when I was a kid there was an expression used often..."Off Grid"...

The depth of the bass is far better when the gas-fired (rather than coal-fired) plant is one using Siemens rather than one fitted with GE turbines.

But I could be mistaken. Maybe?

As it is an accepted fact that the source should be put first in hifi systems of any quality, I was wondering if anyone had experience of changing electricity suppliers, say from E.ON to NPower. Or, if you are into streaming, is it better to change internet provider first?
EDF supply my electricity. This may explain the reason why AIR, Jean-Michelle Jarre, Sébastien Tellier and many other French music sound so pleasing in my system. 🙌🙌🙌

*edited as English was shite*

Nott's coal sounds far better than Leics. when burned in Barrow power station, but Polish coal has something in the upper registers................................

But then again, the coal sent up by Jakub has quite a bit on that sent up the line by Antoni - it is all down to the action of the jack-hammer.

The OP is taking the piss out of a thread started by a recent new member. I think it’s bad form. By all means, do it to us old lags who know our way around, but this guy only joined last weekend.

And this sort of treatment means that new members who don't respect the PFM doctrine don't feel welcome and often don't hang around. So we end up with the same old same old :(

Mark my words, in less than five years there will be an Audiophile Capacitor storage bank available.

Connect to your solar one end, and hifi the other ‘removing the grid entirely, And all the pops clicks and distortion the grid brings to your hifi - the “power cap” (tm) being smooth, distortion free and whisper quiet’

Guaranteed!

Mark my words, in less than five years there will be an Audiophile Capacitor storage bank available.

Connect to your solar one end, and hifi the other ‘removing the grid entirely, And all the pops clicks and distortion the grid brings to your hifi - the “power cap” (tm) being smooth, distortion free and whisper quiet’

Guaranteed!

Hopefully that link works.

Try about 14 minutes in...

advertisement

Back