advertisement

Simple DC motor control

OK, I'll take 2 and I can also offer to be a payment conduit for US buyers. I have a UK account and can mail a check to Paul -and receive US PayPal payment from other US buyers.

Neil

Hi Paul,

I'll take whatever's left even though I still have some of the original boards. I shouldn't think there'd be many left anyway by the time it's all sorted.

I sent the proto board back to you yesterday morning mate.

2 Starbuck
3 sq225917 (possibly 5)
3 Clivem2
2 Bemused
2 337alant
1 Stackowax
1 GWM
2 Chris Marshall
1 Simeon
1 ste
2 martin clark
1 Paul Ranson
2 quickie
2 deadhead
2 Briatic
1 chiily
1 Hacker
2 Mark Packer
1 MartinC
2 timH
2 neiljadman
2 john3
2 paul@southby
1 fox

Total 41

Any left may be taken by Chopsaw.

Wow this has gathered pace overnight, i think we are at a point where I could place the order now with only 9 to go for the full compliment. I am thinking that there may be some late arrivals so maybe a second 50 batch order would be required, or is it worth hanging in there to see if we can get up to 100 to get the cheaper price, or shall i just go for the 50 as a first batch run now.

USA guys, if someone could take control of the US requirements I can send a one off drop for all US buyers to a volunteer who could then redistribute them in the USA, but I would need a helping hand here, any offers? Neil would you be up for it mate? you would recieve your 2 boards free if you can be the conduit for your guys across the pond.

Paul

Hi Paul.

Two for me as well.

Thanks for taking the trouble to organise everything.

Regards
Dave.

2 Starbuck
3 sq225917
4 Clivem2
2 Bemused
2 337alant
1 Stackowax
1 GWM
2 Chris Marshall
1 Simeon
1 ste
2 martin clark
1 Paul Ranson
2 quickie
2 deadhead
2 Briatic
1 chiily
1 Hacker
2 Mark Packer
1 MartinC
2 timH
2 neiljadman
2 john3
2 paul@southby
1 fox
2 Wilky
2 daveofbradford
1 flashgo

Total 47

Wow this has gathered pace overnight, i think we are at a point where I could place the order now with only 9 to go for the full compliment. I am thinking that there may be some late arrivals so maybe a second 50 batch order would be required, or is it worth hanging in there to see if we can get up to 100 to get the cheaper price, or shall i just go for the 50 as a first batch run now.

Paul
My gut feel is that getting to 100 could take a while but we can see how the list develops today. If anyone, eg Chopsaw/Si, wants to keep a stock of some then 100 may be viable. The boards aren't exactly expensive in a batch of 50 anyway. Postage for the parts from Farnell will be more expensive than a single board!

Edit: Just saw your post re the order - excellent! Many, many thanks....

Will do Dave ;)

I have just placed the order for the first 50 batch boards so only another 7 bare boards available at this point, so get your order in now if you want to run with this first order.

It will be 10 business days for the order to come through to me, so I would suggest that as from friday 22nd Jan they will start to be dispatched out to people.

Here is my address for UK buyers to send their cheques or cash in a Jiffy bag to, and please remember they are £5 per board plus the postage cost of £1.50 will allow up to 5 PCB's per person. Please make cheques payable to: P D Russell, and remember to enclose your name and address and also your PFM handle so I know who has paid.

P D RUSSELL
7 BURNS CRESCENT
KINGS MEADOW
BICESTER
OXON
OX26 2XA

Cheers
Paul

My gut feel is that getting to 100 could take a while but we can see how the list develops today. If anyone, eg Chopsaw/Si, wants to keep a stock of some then 100 may be viable. The boards aren't exactly expensive in a batch of 50 anyway. Postage for the parts from Farnell will be more expensive than a single board!

Very true Clive, but if you order the parts from Farnell on-line then the postage is free.

I am also going to do something else, on the boards you will notice a few 100nF 0603 SMD de-coupling caps, I will supply these free with the boards as you would need to buy 50 off just to get a few for each board, so the 100nF 50V 0603 SMD part will be free issued.

Paul

Very true Clive, but if you order the parts from Farnell on-line then the postage is free.

I am also going to do something else, on the boards you will notice a few 100nF 0603 SMD de-coupling caps, I will supply these free with the boards as you would need to buy 50 off just to get a few for each board, so the 100nF 50V 0603 SMD part will be free issued.

Paul
Free postage from Farnell it is then!

Tremendous that you'll include the SMDs. I'd not spotted them. I've built loads of kit but never done any SMD soldering. Am I right in thinking I could do with a soldering iron tip with a point or do I just need a very small "normal" tip?

Clive

The SMDs on this board are by no means required if you don't fancy having a go - just total overkill.
There's a good primer on how-to in the reference room here:
http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11241

Thanks Martin, I thought they were required, maybe just an added little luxury then !!

If anyone wants these SMD parts fitted I would be prepared to offer a service and fit all 7x 100nF 0603 caps for an extra £1 per board, this is just to pay for my time to do them, and I have been fitting these things for the past 20 years + so they will be done to the highest standards, just let me know if you require this service and add an extra £1 to the price, just a thought.
Paul

advertisement

Back