advertisement

Simple DC motor control

Many thanks for sorting all this, Paul.

My cheque for the 2 boards, plus the extra for SMD service and postage will be in the post later this afternoon.

All the best,

Chris.

Count me in as another yank wanting a board + SMD service. I'm happy to PayPal Neil and to help on the US end if needed. Cheers to all involved.

Hi Paul.

Cheque (with guarantee details and PFM name on reverse) + SAE jiffy in the post.
If you can supply the 100nF 0603 SMD de-coupling caps that would be great - I'll fit them.

Thanks
Dave.

if we get halfway to the next 50 I'll pony up for the remaining 25 boards and put them into 'stock' for late arrivals...

though i'd love to see some V2 boards...... ;-)

Paul / Martin,

Can you advise what size the boards are so we can send the correct size Jiffy bags?

Cheers,

Clive

if we get halfway to the next 50 I'll pony up for the remaining 25 boards and put them into 'stock' for late arrivals...

though i'd love to see some V2 boards...... ;-)

This all started because I asked Paul to put me a speed control together for a commercial venture I had in mind. Martin supplied the circuit on the understanding that it was open to others to build one for their own use. I have no problem with this but I wouldn't be happy with someone embarking on their own venture using this board.

Please remember that if I hadn't replied to SQ's OL post and offered up the info there wouldn't be a group buy of these boards going on right now.

Paul / Martin,

Can you advise what size the boards are so we can send the correct size Jiffy bags?

Cheers,

Clive

Clive the board dimensions are 110 x 48mm.

You have PM Si (sq225917)

Yes indeed Si (chopsaw) this was all started as private project as Si has suggested and it was with this in mind that it has been offered out here as a service to PFM members only and any indication or proof of commercial venture for financial gain being made from this venture then legal action will be considered, so no clone boards please or completed speed controllers.

Paul

Just to set the record straight, what i was asking/offering here was to make up the difference between the order we had, and a larger order value for 100 if we got close to that number. I have no issue with shoving a load of cards away in shoebox until someone wants one, especially if it lowers the cost per unit for all, me included.

If we are at a sensible number for ordering and the offer of 'banker' isn't required, then fair enough.

Just to set the record straight, what i was asking/offering here was to make up the difference between the order we had, and a larger order value for 100 if we got close to that number. I have no issue with shoving a load of cards away in shoebox until someone wants one, especially if it lowers the cost per unit for all, me included.

If we are at a sensible number for ordering and the offer of 'banker' isn't required, then fair enough.

Yes and that is a very generous offer Si as I said in my PM to you, the order has been placed for 50 PCB's and I think bar 1 that we are there right now.
What I do think would be a good idea at this stage is for all those that would like to experiment with the original Mk1 board do so, and if they arrive at a place where the modified results are worthy of a second revision then we could look at this for another batch, Si if you really would like an extra 25 then say "yay or nay" now and I will add them to this order but sadly the break points are at 10/50/100 so the price would remain the same unfortunately, it has something to do with the number of PCB's per biscuit.
Paul

I think we are 3 away from 50 currently, I've been editing the last listing rather than continually creating new posts. I'm sure there's no problem reaching the 50!

A couple of questions.
Can someone clarify this project is to power a dc t/t motor?
Can it be applied to a LP12?
If yes would any kind soul consider building one in a suitable case for me;)

I think we are 3 away from 50 currently, I've been editing the last listing rather than continually creating new posts. I'm sure there's no problem reaching the 50!

Clivem2 your last count in post#92 was 47 and since then daveofbradford has requested 2 so we are at 49 I think, and I think this GB batch will have to close now. If there is enough interest for another batch of Rev1 boards then I can always place another order for the same price, but i think we need to put this one to bed now.

Paul

EDIT: Muzzer has just requested 1 PCB so that is it for this 50 run, sorry to anyone who didn't get on the bus but as I said I can order another 50 if there is enough interest for them, or simply wait to see if there will be a revision 2 after some of the bodgers on here have tinkered with them.

Clivem2 your last count in post#92 was 47 and since then daveofbradford has requested 2 so we are at 49 I think, and I think this GB batch will have to close now. If there is enough interest for another batch of Rev1 boards then I can always place another order for the same price, but i think we need to put this one to bed now.

Paul
daveofbradford is in the list (2) and flashgo (1)....wherever we are we're darned close!

Great stuff Si count me in then. I take I would need to get hold of something like the OL motor?

I normally buy the DC100 motor from OL Muz. It comes with the pulley and mounting plate so it's easy to fit. It works well too.

2 Starbuck
3 sq225917
4 Clivem2
2 Bemused
2 337alant
1 Stackowax
1 GWM
2 Chris Marshall
1 Simeon
1 ste
2 martin clark
1 Paul Ranson
2 quickie
2 deadhead
2 Briatic
1 chiily
1 Hacker
2 Mark Packer
1 MartinC
2 timH
2 neiljadman
2 john3
2 paul@southby
1 fox
2 Wilky
2 daveofbradford
1 flashgo
1 muzzer

Total 48

Wow this has move quickly.
Thanks to all who have assisted in setting this up.

Cheque in post for 2 boards plus SMD service.

What about this, just an idea
with group buys like this and others where the designer does not wish to control the manufacture or profit by the idea, but where there is likely to be a continuous steady flow of members asking for boards.
what if after the first group buy a second stock of them is held by TonyL for PFM so if some one wants boards they can by from Tony for a unit price + a set donation fee.
I think also that any buyers should be genuine PFM members not some one who joins one day then buys boards and is never seen again.
Also any one person should only be allowed to by a set amount such as 4 max.
The only problem is that Tony would have to pay for the stock boards, unless we order 100 now and split the overall cost

Alan

advertisement

Back