advertisement

Silly things that amuse

Reminds me of that Christmas extravaganza that turned into a complete farce, a few years back. I wonder if any of the organisers have both on their CV.
Yes, I had that in mind too, if they weren't the same people, then they maybe got tips off them.

I know it's a bit awful laughing at things like this, but I hope the people look back and see the funny side too.

"Sir

The reaction to the discovery of an unexploded bomb in Plymouth showed a very different attitude to risk than was normal in the postwar years. In 1948, I attended a boarding school next to a disused army training ground, where we were allowed to play. On the gate was a notice that said: “Any boy finding live ammunition MUST bring it to the headmaster’s study without delay.” The notice was removed after someone took in a hand grenade."

From The Times.

blob

Inhabitants of Somerset, mostly dairy farmers utterly dissatisfied by the political situation, have formed a new party called Cheddar Consortium, with their slogan being 'let's make Britain grate again'.

What is the name of the American honey insect? U.S.B.

My wife wanted Chanel 5 for her birthday. She's going to be absolutely made up, all I had to do was retune the Freeview box.

Koi fish always travel in groups of four. If attacked, Koi A, B and C escape leaving behind the slower D Koi.
Poor ol' D koi obv. knows his plaice in the pecking order. Think it has the wrong letter attributed; should be tail end Charlie.
There's no way I'm letting go of my shopping trolley..
Yes, but she obv. wasn't off hers as she was still very attached to it.

advertisement

Back