advertisement

Should I buy an EV - real world advice needed.

He could be doing 10K miles a year and keep it for 10 years vs an EV user doing 30K a year with a new one every 2. Who’s worse for the planet?
This makes zero sense. You’re grasping. Why would he drive 3x as far because he owns an EV?

This makes zero sense. You’re grasping. Why would he drive 3x as far because he owns an EV?

Because people are different. I fully accept that EV’s can be great for the right person with the right use case. Can you not accept the same might be true for ICE vehicles?

Worth a gander if you’re a private buyer and thinking of getting an EV:

Apologies, just saw that Suffolk Tony beat me to it. Still, he makes some good points in the vid.

Because people are different. I fully accept that EV’s can be great for the right person with the right use case. Can you not accept the same might be true for ICE vehicles?
We are talking about someone who ditched an EV to buy a brand spanking new diesel SUV that will continue to burn diesel for 30 years (even if he doesn’t own it that long). How does that get us closer to net zero?

We are talking about someone who ditched an EV to buy a brand spanking new diesel SUV that will continue to burn diesel for 30 years (even if he doesn’t own it that long). How does that get us closer to net zero?

It doesn’t, but neither does any form of personal transport IMHO. However, whilst humans are flying around in planes, over breeding, over consuming and over eating, it’s a rounding error which I’m not going to get bent out of shape over.

Let's run those figures.

10k miles will be between 8-12,000 kWh per year. Our entire energy usage for running a house, heating and hot water is less than that.

The energy required to run a house will itself be a rounding error to that required by a human and all that they consume.

Except you post more than most on this thread constantly criticising EV at every opportunity, you sound very bent out of shape.

EV’s have their place for the right use case, absolutely. What I cannot accept is that they are automatically the answer for everyone, they simply are not.

Reactions: TLS

advertisement

Back