advertisement

Should I buy an EV - real world advice needed.

Very interesting , now considering probably 30 flats in that complex how are they all going to put their cables in there , and whats the chances of being able to park in that exact spot ? 10_20 % maybe ??

Very interesting , now considering probably 30 flats in that complex how are they all going to put their cables in there , and whats the chances of being able to park in that exact spot ? 10_20 % maybe ??

:rolleyes:🤷‍♂️🥱

it makes no claim to solve every use case. If it helps a small number of people, then good

Interesting to see the climate protesters raiding the berlin tesla factory as they want to rip down the forest to expand the factory

Good morning all,

Just some initial impressions of our new Megane.

The positive is that it is far better 'drive' than the Zoe - much more effortless.

Negatives are that in the seat position Kate and I use the seat belt buckle tends to get 'trapped' between the seat and door pillar as you attempt to put it on and the buckle securing position, hard up against the centre console, is definitely a design 'foul-up'.

The 'modern' penchant for installing centre cubby boxes needs to be banned outright. The one on the Skoda Fabia p****s both Kate and I off and we keep it propped up out of the way but the Dolphin, MG4 and this Megane all have them and they are all equally irritating in that you keep catching your elbow on them.

The battery capacity in the real world does seem a bit 'optimistic' but this is mentioned in reviews.

Regards

Richard

Good morning all,

Just some initial impressions of our new Megane.

The 'modern' penchant for installing centre cubby boxes needs to be banned outright. The one on the Skoda Fabia p****s both Kate and I off and we keep it propped up out of the way but the Dolphin, MG4 and this Megane all have them and they are all equally irritating in that you keep catching your elbow on them.

Regards

Richard
What’s more annoying is a cubby box you can’t rest your elbow on.

my goodness the alarm was annoying!
Kate advises the alarm sounded just the once on the first night we had it - nothing since.

If truth be told there is another niggle. The car has a lowish roof line and the shaped seats (raised side bolsters) mean you have to both duck your head and still your backside brushes across this bolster every time you get in the car - clearly this will cause 'wear' to this part of the seat.

Regards

Richard

had lunch with a friend this week who has had his kia niro ev for 4 years now , still loves it and they go all over the place inc motorway . very very reliable
I've just done a 2 day 260 mile round trip that I could have technically done in one charge in mine. It's such an easy car to live with.

I'd also like to do/see the calculation of how much energy storage is added to the grid if/when we get a lot more EV's.
To answer my own question, it would appear that 10 million EV's each with an energy store of 100 kWh (roughly the current state of the art) would give the UK 1 teraWatt hour of energy. Thats rather more than 1 day of total energy production in the UK (around 300 tWh). So not huge, but around 4 times more than current UK energy storage in the national grid (around 0.24 tWh, from 4 pumped hydro installations).

Numbers from: https://www.eonenergy.com/electric-... capacity is around,higher the kWh the better.
and

advertisement

Back