advertisement

Should England hold a referendum to leave the UK, leaving Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

Should England hold a referendum to leave the UK, leaving Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland ?

• Yes

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 28 51.9%

• Total voters
The UK is a single sovereign nation. Aside from the basic geography of the land, it isn't clear what belongs to each of the constituent parts. If you think Brexit is a PITA, you ain't seen nothing. Engexit, or Scotexit for that matter, would be far, far worse. To start with, imagine that Boris Johnson and Nicola Sturgeon were somehow enchanted into getting married, having kids, a shared bank account & mortgage, and an all-in 'what's yours is mine, what's mine is yours' kind of relationship, then woke up many years later as their normal selves and wanted to get divorced. Like that, but more so.

Of course not, they are only promises to pay, not in themselves payment. That is where the Scottish bankers messed up in centuries past, by recycling promissory notes without having the coin to back them up.

I'm totes up for it. Fascinating to see the outcome of that.

Being such a small union, I think it appropriate and good manners to invite all 4 nations to a referendum like that. After all, we would all be affected in some way if one left.

Even a feeble minded idiot could work out who they were because I was talking about the SNP. For some obtuse reason which I am struggling to understand you profess to not knowing.

"Yeah let the English have a referendum if they want one. The 'Little Englander' Tories that want Brexit are quite happy to let the Scots go and see the union break up if it means they can have their dream."

What convoluted thinking. As I understood it the Little Englander Tories as you put it do not want a Referendum they just want to have Brexit done and dusted. It is the Remoaners who want a Referendum in the hope that the majority of people will change their minds and vote THIS time to remain in the EU

In that case they didn't understand what they were voting for.

Is it a Full Moon tonight?

It does not follow that because Remoaners want another Referendum that people who voted to leave did not understand what they were voting for. Remoaners are hoping that they will change their minds which could be for a variety of reasons in the same way that people voted to leave for a variety of reasons and not as some on this forum will have you believe that it was because they were all just Little Englander Tories and xenophobic and racist to boot. Len Mccluskey could hardly be accused of being a Little Englander Tory now could he?

Even a feeble minded idiot could work out who they were because I was talking about the SNP. For some obtuse reason which I am struggling to understand you profess to not knowing.
Ok so it’s the SNP that ‘hate the English’ to quote you. No show your examples.

Definitely! The sooner the rest of us are rid of the English, the better.
Is this you?
49035958281_eddf316549.jpg

advertisement

Back