advertisement

Should allegations of racism against the Royal family....

Study the sleeve art and song titles, Francis Monkman was a former member of, "Curved Air" if you can remember them from some generations ago.

It is very well recorded, dynamic and only available s/h on vinyl.

I really liked the sound effects of a bath emptying the water down the plug hole, hehe.

Enjoy. ;)
No idea what you are on about.

No idea what you are on about.

Oh dear, now let me see, I see a ladies red shoe taking the first step up on to the stairs, in the distance up in the heavens we can see a glittering star...

What unfolds are contained within the song title lyrics.

Does this help you?

Plenty of subtle, and not to subtle, misogyny still on display.
I haven't really followed what has been said by whom at Oprah, actually I don't care too much. Apparently, some people agree with this Meghan Markle, others don't. To some people it is an important matter.

In any case and about any topic, it must still be possible to disagree with a woman without being called misogynistic. Or disagree with a trans person without being called transphobic. Or disagree with an other-skinned person without being called a racist. Et cetera.

And the word 'subtle' tends to get used in an inflationary way these days, it allows all sorts of allegations even when it's total bollocks. I am sure, @droodzilla, that somewhere someone is ready to call your mindset a Tory one, in a 'subtle' way.

Of course some members of The Firm are racist. At a guess +- 50% of the UK population are racist. Hardly news.
If they were not paid for this Oprah interview then I don't understand the point of it: looks like Lose/Lose to me.

I am half Norwegian, and think the Royals would do well to scale back [after Queen Elisabeth passes] to something like the modesty of the Norwegian Royal House in terms of extravagance...
they own some wonderful real estate of course, which means that if they step down to the level of historical aristocracy then over time and the pass-the-parcel inheritance game, the pads will fall into disrepair and picked up by the National Trust etc. If the planet isn’t coming to a natural end with water levels, climate change, food shortages etc.

... At a guess +- 50% of the UK population are racist...
and yet we’re multicultural and some of us have foreign friends who tell us how much worse their experiences were in Italy or Spain for example. If we have that much racism here I dread to think how bad it is in many other countries.

and yet we’re multicultural and some of us have foreign friends who tell us how much worse their experiences were in Italy or Spain for example. If we have that much racism here I dread to think how bad it is in many other countries.

There are anecdotal stories for all countries and racism is a spectrum from silly jokes to football chants to discrimination of every type to skinhead gangs.
FWIW I doubt Italy or Spain are the worst in Europe, although the influx of so many economic refugees to Italy and Greece will not have helped.
The next time some gung-ho western leader suggests regime change (aka devastation) in a country like Iraq, Libya, Syria etc maybe we should think about the consequences on ourselves if not the poor people in those countries.

I can't think I was the only one who, on seeing Harry and Megan's relationship develope into marriage, thought I can't see the Royal establishment putting up with that for long. You have one member, of interest to the FBI, who steps down from Royal duties without losing titles, protection or funding and another, who does so to protect his wife, who gets cut off completely. The Royals stink.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ace-using-meghan-take-focus-off-prince-andrew

Pure whataboutery. This is is a discussion about a person's experience of racism in this country. Anecdotal comparisons with other countries are just a way of deflecting and diminishing that experience.

They may not be getting direct payment but they have brought themselves bang into the centre of a media circus so they will benefit from this in other ways..... BUT isn't the media circus the exact reason why they ran off and hid in the first place?

Sorry but this is absolutely 100% attention seeking... does Megan think this is going to bring Harry and their son closer to the royal/his family, resolve centuries of racism and/or make her the darling of the family? OR is she helping/intentionally assisting to drive a wedge between the family, Harry and their son? Isn't this exactly what the 'right-wing' mindset would want?

The whole thing is a clusterfcuk and Megan played the game very distastefully and looks like she's played the martyr with ' I wished I wasn't alive' ........ FFS... she said this whilst pregnant/with child ... if this isn't the most selfish statement ever in the history and immediate context of life then I don't know what is.
The purpose of he Royal family is to attract attention, the fact that a gullible public gives them that attention is beside to point. The point is that we have the number one symbol of our nation identified with the abuse of women and the cruellest of racism, but just like Andrew’s role in exploiting vulnerable young women, this latest episode of ugly racism will no doubt disappear because of the fawning attitude to the royals and this country’s casual attitude to racism that manifests is self according to political expediency rather than any real sympathy for the cause

I haven't really followed what has been said by whom at Oprah, actually I don't care too much. Apparently, some people agree with this Meghan Markle, others don't. To some people it is an important matter.

In any case and about any topic, it must still be possible to disagree with a woman without being called misogynistic. Or disagree with a trans person without being called transphobic. Or disagree with an other-skinned person without being called a racist. Et cetera.

And the word 'subtle' tends to get used in an inflationary way these days, it allows all sorts of allegations even when it's total bollocks. I am sure, @droodzilla, that somewhere someone is ready to call your mindset a Tory one, in a 'subtle' way.

Was going to say the same. I'm neither for or against the royal family, they have zero in common with the working man so mean very little to me. I'm not really interested in what Harry and Meghan have to say for themselves either.

Anyway Cheese, totally agree with you, just because you don't agree with a woman doesn't make you misogynistic. I read through this thread and I can't see a single misogynistic comment, would like to see the examples. Yes there are plenty criticising Meghan but that doesn't make someone misogynistic.

advertisement

Back